Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world. Today we are in the top 1% of the world's universities.
The University of Glasgow
- is ranked 63rd in the world and was the first UK university to be rated as 5 Stars Plus overall. (QS World University Rankings 2016)
- welcomes students from more than 140 countries worldwide
- is located in the world’s friendliest city (Rough Guides 2016)
- has more than 26,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students
- is a major employer in the city of Glasgow with more than 6,000 staff, including 2,250 active researchers
- has annual research income of more than £181m
- is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading UK research universities
- is a founder member of Universitas 21, an international grouping of universities dedicated to setting worldwide standards for higher education
- includes among its alumni, the father of economics Adam Smith, Scotland’s architect of devolution Donald Dewar and renowned physicist and engineer Lord Kelvin.
Glasgow’s college system enables interdisciplinary collaboration while fostering a sense of belonging. We have four colleges, each bringing together the research and teaching expertise of a number of schools and institutes. Every college also has a graduate school.
Online distance learning at Glasgow
The University of Glasgow offers a range of online postgraduate programmes and short courses as well as free MOOCs (massive online open courses).
Online postgraduate programmes
We offer online distance learning programmes across an ever-expanding range of subject areas.
Our online postgraduate programmes involve the same level of work as our on-campus programmes, and the qualification you get is of equal value.
All you need to study for our online programmes is a computer and internet connection.
This school offers programs in:
View PhDs » View Postgraduate Certificates » View MScs - OnlineStudies » View Masters - OnlineStudies » View MScs - HealthcareStudies » View Certificates » View Masters - HealthcareStudies » View LLMs »