About JWU Online
Our university mission is to deliver an exceptional education that inspires professional success and lifelong personal and intellectual growth – JWU College of Online Education gives us another way to deliver on that promise.
How We Strive to Meet Your Needs
- We continually work to improve and plan for a sustainable future as a university while offering relevant degree programs
- We use experiential and work-integrated learning to help you learn professionally relevant skills
- We look for innovative ways to continue offering affordable, competitively priced tuition
- We embrace diversity to help create a richly inclusive online learning community
- We adhere to high ethical standards in everything we do
- We invest heavily in our faculty and staff to ensure that you’re working with some of the top teaching talent and university staff in the country
- We provide facilities, technology and other resources designed to give you everything you need to succeed
What You'll Take Away
- Professional competence – We’ll help you acquire the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your chosen profession.
- Foundation for lifelong learning – We’ll help you become a better communicator, critical and creative thinker, and quantitative and scientific observer – all things that prepare you for a lifetime of learning and growth.
- Global and community citizenship – We’ll help you build an awareness of ethical responsibility and cultural/global diversity, so you can live and work collaboratively as a contributing member of society.
Learn From Experienced Faculty
If you’re looking to learn from a leader with firsthand knowledge of your field of study, look no further than Johnson & Wales College of Online Education. Our faculty are firmly rooted in experience—many have decades of industry-related work to draw from—and they bring their knowledge and enthusiasm for their areas of expertise to the online classroom.
Tour an Online Classroom
Want to know what online learning is like at Johnson & Wales College of Online Education? You’ve come to the right place!
First, let us take you on a tour of ulearn, your online classroom.
Discover the JWU Difference
What is experiential education?
Johnson & Wales University is a career-focused institution. Our emphasis on experiential education immerses you in your desired field from day one and gives you the practical and problem-solving skills you need for lifelong success.
“Our university has experiential education in its DNA,” said JWU Chancellor John Bowen. “Even before co-founding Johnson & Wales in 1914, Mary Wales is quoted as saying, ‘We should teach a thing not for its own sake but in preparation for what lies beyond.’”
How is it integrated in an online environment?
The online platform doesn’t change JWU’s experiential approach. Just like in a traditional classroom, you’ll learn from faculty rich in industry expertise. Each course—from lectures to assignments to discussion-board topics to the final exam—is designed to prepare you to excel in the workforce in the real world. And just like every JWU student, you have complete access to our Experiential Education & Career Services office.
This school offers programs in: