The mission of California Institute of Management and Technology is to offer a dynamic distance learning environment addressing the business, economic, and social issues of global management and career training with an emphasis on cross-cultural awareness.
- Promote cultural sensitivity and awareness of cultural differences to assist individuals when doing business in different cultures.
- Train business professionals to be ethical and socially responsible leaders.
- Educate students to acquire an enhanced understanding of key business functions, such as accounting, finance, human resource management, marketing, and operations.
- Provide core business courses that are fundamental to success in a highly competitive global market.
- Use a unique blend of traditional management education, cultural studies, and opportunity to engage in collaborative learning with those from other cultures.
- Incorporate cultural aspects of each course so that students can apply a course’s content in multiple cultural venues.
- Emphasize corporate social responsibility (CSR) and business ethics throughout the curriculum.
- Focus on leadership in organizations and develop effective global business communication skills in students.
CALIMT was founded in Newport Beach, California, in July 2010, and obtained approval by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to operate as a private postsecondary institution in December 2011. Approval to operate means the institution is compliant with the minimum standards contained in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Division 7.5 of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations. CALIMT changed its name to Meta Business School in 2012 and obtained national accreditation by Distance Education Accrediting Council (DEAC) in June 2016. Finally, the school reverted to its original name CALIMT in May 2017.
CALIMT was founded to offer quality business programs with a global, cross-cultural focus as well as an emphasis on corporate social responsibility. By offering our programs online, CALIMT aims to make its programs both accessible and affordable to a diverse global student body.
Message from the Provost
As California Institute of Management and Technology continues to strive for excellence in education, service, and scholarship, it is my privilege to provide leadership in the areas of planning, operation, direction, and supervision of academics, programs, and resources.
As we commence the 2017-2018 academic year, I am pleased to announce that we are expanding our educational offerings to include the hybrid MBA program and three hybrid non-degree certificate programs in paralegal studies, paralegal assistant, and hospitality operation. These hybrid certificate programs are aimed to provide hands-on career training for working professionals and students alike. To provide these programs, CALIMT has partnered with AHLEI (American Hotel & Lodging Education Institute) and Kensington College.
CALIMT is a learning-centered institute dedicated to connecting a diverse network of students around the world and providing a unique business administration curriculum that is geared towards preparing our students for the global corporate environment today. Now we are also able to serve local students that are seeking career education with a proven track record. By providing an innovative, proprietary learning platform that enables students to interact worldwide, we facilitate superior experiential learning regardless of geographical location and also in the classroom for our hybrid students.
The goal of CALIMT’s academic program is to advance the intellectual and personal growth of all students through a wide spectrum of learning opportunities. To pursue this goal, we continue our efforts in adding diverse new programs that will cater to students seeking professional education for a variety of career paths in the upcoming academic year.
As the provost, I cannot be more excited for California Institute of Management and Technology as we continue to grow and innovate ways we bring value to our students. Given our strong knowledge base in global business, the breadth and quality of our academic courses, and the dedication of our superior faculty, we hope to transform the online learning experience worldwide.
H. Clarissa Chaiy, Ph.D
This school offers programs in: