Study full-time online or part-time online. Apply for a full-time online program for a full-time student experience without the commute, or register course-by-course as you follow a part-time program of study.
Is Online Learning for you?
If you prefer a course load that fits in with your schedule and lets you study in the comforts of your home or office, or if you live a distance from our campuses, these courses are for you. Online Learning students should have self-discipline and excellent reading, writing, and analytic skills. In addition to the study skills necessary for post-secondary learning, you will need the following skills to be a successful online student:
- extra emphasis on goal setting
- self-discipline and time management
- ability to monitor your own progress
- willingness to ask for help when needed
- dedication to searching for information
- computer skills
- excellent communication skills
- ability to work independently
Full-time online programs at Algonquin College are defined as full-time education in an off-campus learning environment i.e. work or home, from a quality facilitator through the use of internet/web-based material.
Full-time online programs offer:
- The same credentials as on-campus programs
- Online courses that have an equivalent workload to an on-campus course, but can be structured and scheduled around personal/work life
- The opportunity to access coursework, class discussions and other learning tools 24 hours a day.
Please note: Courses are structured to include due dates which students are expected to adhere to.
Part-time online programs are the best way to fit a quality education into your busy life. In the comforts of your own home or office, you can use your spare time to complete the program of your choice.
Part-time programs offer:
- Flexibility to choose courses that work with your schedule
- Easy accessibility through web-based programming at all times of the day
- Quality programs and courses on a part-time schedule.
This school offers programs in: