Master's Degree in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language
VIU - Universidad Internacional de Valencia
EUR 4,980 / per year
Earliest start date
There are Scholarships and Aids options
The expansion of Spanish has been accompanied by a growing popularity of its study in recent years. Programs such as Visiting Professors to Impart Spanish as a Foreign Language or the French Educational Reform have triggered the demand for teachers of Spanish.
Definition of the program
The objective of this master's degree is the integral and multidimensional formation of teachers of Spanish as a Foreign Language (ELE) through an interdisciplinary program, since the future ELE teacher needs to go beyond the training in Spanish Language, General Linguistics or Literature, and requires fundamental knowledge such as Sociolinguistics or ICTs.
What makes this master unique?
- Curriculum according to the new trends in language teaching (E-Learning 2.0 and 3.0, CLIL and The flipped classroom).
- CLIL learning method: Integrated Content and Foreign Language Learning.
- Offer of complementary credits of normative Spanish.
- Subjects with a practical component very demanded by the students.
- Practices in ELE teaching centers.
- Access to the doctorate
This program is aimed at people with a special interest in the study of languages, both in normative aspects and in their cultural manifestations. It is an area of knowledge in continuous change that demands vocational professionals in continuous training.
Graduates, graduates and / or graduates can access this master's degree in:
- Translation and interpretation
- Education Sciences
- Modern languages
- Applied Languages
- Journalism and equivalents
The growing demand for the study of Spanish as a foreign language needs to be attended by teaching professionals with specific, innovative, quality training, with an important practical orientation and with a very significant presence of ICTs.
Main professional opportunities:
- ELE teachers in Primary Education centers.
- Teachers of ELE in Secondary schools.
- Teachers of ELE in Official Language Schools.
- Teachers of ELE in university centers.
- ELE teachers in institutions dedicated to teaching languages.
- Organization and management of teaching centers specialized in ELE.
- Creation and evaluation of ELE materials.
- Research in the ELE classroom.