Master's Degree in Prevention of Drug Addiction and other Addictive Behaviors
VIU - Universidad Internacional de Valencia
Earliest start date
There are Scholarships and Aids options
In our society, the use of drugs as well as addictive behaviors without substance (pathological gambling, ICT, etc.) cause problems and disorders of different kinds that affect a large number of people. Prevention is the best cost-effective strategy.
This Master's Degree in Prevention of Drug Addiction and other Addictive Behaviors offers quality training based on the principles of scientific evidence and good practices. In addition, it offers a professional orientation applied to the various professional contexts of prevention and in convergence with national and international plans and strategies.
What makes this master unique?
- Focused on good practices and quality criteria developed in the European Union.
- Based on scientific evidence.
- Professional orientation.
- High specialization in intervention techniques in prevention.
- Implementation in multiple areas: schools, families, work, etc.
- First official online master's degree in Prevention of Drug Addiction and other Addictive Behaviors
Students, professionals and researchers in the psycho-socio-educational field, such as graduates and / or graduates in Anthropology, Political Sciences, Social Education, Teaching, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Sociology, Pedagogy, Psychopedagogy or Psychology.
List of programs from which this master can be accessed:
- Degree and / or Master of Anthropology
- Degree and / or Master of Political Science
- Degree and / or Master of Social Education
- Degree and / or Master's Degree in Teaching
- Degree and / or Master of Social Work
- Degree and / or Master of Occupational Therapy
- Degree and / or Master of Sociology
- Degree and / or Master of Pedagogy
- Bachelor's and / or Master's in Psychopedagogy
- Degree and / or Master's Degree in Psychology
- Degree and / or Master of Nursing
- Degree and / or Master of Pharmacy
- Degree and / or Master of Medicine
List of all possible professional opportunities:
- Public or private sector.
- Community Prevention Units, Youth Leisure centers and centers for Minors.
- Addiction prevention teams of Municipalities, Provincial Councils, Consellerías, NGOs and other entities.
- Teams in educational institutions aimed at prevention with students
- Guidance and prevention teams in addictions oriented to the workplace, companies, etc.
- Technical advice, design of preventive interventions and materials, evaluation of programs, etc.
- Staff of the Armed Forces and of the State Security Forces and Bodies.
- Universities, higher education institutions or public or private educational entities.