MSc Investment and Trading Online The University of Law Business School Online
The MSc in Investment and Trading Online is designed with a strong emphasis on meeting industry development needs and is ideal for those who are highly numerate with an interest in market analysis and assessing investment and trading opportunities.
You will learn the skills required to critically assess the wide variety of information and factors that impact the future value of the current investment and trading opportunities. You’ll analyse and compare the return on investment, opportunity costs, and market and economic information.
Students will graduate with specialist knowledge as a competent and effective finance professionals, fully equipped to progress within a career in finance, banking, or any management position where finance is part of the role. In addition, you’ll possess the ability to assess investment and trading opportunities and be well-positioned to fast track to trading and investment opportunities. The course is available to study both online and face to face, and full-time (1 year) or part-time (2 years).
94% of postgraduate students in employment were in Highly Skilled Occupations 15 months after graduating (2018/19 Graduate Outcomes data). Contains HESA Data © HESA 2021.
ULaw Business School’s career-focused courses have been designed to help students gain the commercial skills and understanding that employers are looking for. We're so confident that you'll succeed with one of our Business Master’s courses that we offer you our Employment Promise. If you don’t get a job in the first 9 months after graduating, we’ll give you your course fees back - 50% as cashback and 50% as credit towards another course.*
*Terms and conditions apply.
New from September 2022 – this course will have an optional Placement Year to gain significant skills to enhance your employability.
- 2:2 or above from a UK Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualifications.
- International requirements - an English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
This course is available full-time (1 year) and part-time (2 years). For full-time study mode students will complete 60 credits each semester and for part-time 30 credits each semester.
- Financial Management (15 credits)
- Financial Accounting & Reporting (15 credits)
- Management Accounting (15 credits)
- Fundamental Analysis (15 credits)
- Technical Analysis (15 credits)
- Investment Risk Management (15 credits)
- Trading Psychology (15 credits)
- Responsibility of Directors (15 credits)
- Data & Decision Making (15 credits)
- Business Project (45 credits)
- Professional Development (non-credit bearing)
You will be assessed formally through a mix of individual assignments, group work and dissertation/project work.
This course has an innovatively flexible structure, with specific assessments that are conducive to effective learning.
How to Apply
You can apply for this course directly with the University.