Corruption and Governance MA (online)
University of Sussex Online
London, United Kingdom
2 - 4 years
GBP 12,660 / per year *
Earliest start date
* fees are subject to rounding for administration purposes
Providing a distinct, interdisciplinary approach to the study of corruption, this MA asks three fundamental questions; what is corruption, how much of it exists, and what should be done to combat it?
Exploring corruption and anti-corruption from the perspective of law, anthropology, economics, development studies, sociology and political science; you’ll gain the theoretical knowledge and practical training needed to understand the complexities of defining, measuring and fighting corruption.
With dates a year (January, March, May, July, and November) you can start this course when you like and study in your own time, from your own home.
This course is part-time and can be completed in a minimum of two years and a maximum of four. Students have the opportunity to pause their studies if their work or life commitments require.
Why study Corruption and Governance MA (online) at Sussex?
- Join the only MA in Europe to take a broad interdisciplinary approach to the study of corruption and anti-corruption.
- Learn from internationally-renowned academics from The Centre for the Study of Corruption.
- Take a practical and applied approach, exploring corruption and solutions for anti-corruption in a range of sectoral and global contexts.
- Critically examine and challenge proscribed structures and policies for fighting corruption.
- Tailor your Masters to your interests by choosing case studies relevant to your current or future career.
- Join a diverse cohort of students studying online with Sussex from all over the world.
Our distinct approach to the study of corruption and governance will equip you with the knowledge and skills to pursue a successful career fighting corruption in a range of roles and industries.
The course explores corruption from a global perspective, and in sectors including business, government, NGOs, charities, consultancy, trade and media. You’ll graduate understanding how and why corruption exists and how to develop solutions to fight it.
This course is delivered by the Centre for the Study of Corruption, the UK’s first academic centre dedicated to interdisciplinary research, policy impact and teaching on corruption and anti-corruption.
The centre attracts internationally renowned academics whose varied experience and expertise provide a range of viewpoints on corruption and anti-corruption solutions that are studied throughout the course.
- Fees are charged on a modular basis with each module costing £1,055*.
- The full course fee is £12,660*.
Tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase each academic year in line with the University of Sussex’s terms and conditions. Increases will come into effect in September of each year.
*subject to rounding for administration purposes
A limited number of scholarships worth £2,000 are available to students applying to this course.
To accept your place on the Corruption and Governance MA (online) you will be required to pay the first module fee of £1,055.
This is a non-refundable deposit to secure your place on the course.
The deposit will be credited towards your total fee payment.
Why study online?
- Benefit from teaching by internationally-renowned researchers from The Sussex Centre for the Study of Corruption from wherever you are in the world.
- Learn within a global classroom, joining students from over 100 countries studying at Sussex.
- Study at a time, pace and place that suits you.
- Study your Masters in 2-4 years, with the opportunity to step on and off the course as your career/life requires.
- Learn within a bespoke Virtual Learning Environment, accessible 24hrs a day, 365 days a year.