MSc Finance and Investment Management
University of Liverpool Online Programmes
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Earliest start date
16 Jan 2024
Gain an extensive understanding of the practices of financial markets including the use of ‘state-of-the-art' industry analytics as well as corporate finance, financial reporting and analysis as well as fixed income analysis with this wholly online, part-time Finance and Investment Management MSc from the University of Liverpool.
This career focussed curriculum is carefully designed to provide a rigorous and stimulating postgraduate degree programme that combines the study of finance and investment management to provide students with the skills to become independent learners and enable them to develop their curiosity through engagement with research-connected teaching.
Through this programme you will:
- Enhance digital fluency. Our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment platform will enable you to access programme materials, engage in independent and collaborative reflective exercises, discussions, and authentic assessment activities.
- Acquire in-demand skills. The curriculum will enable you to evaluate and interpret complex data, financial statements, research literature and current regulations.
- Study in the way that suits you. The programme provides flexible study methods which allow those in employment to undertake postgraduate studies in Finance and Investment Management.
- Build an international network. The programme entails collaborations in diverse and global cohorts with the opportunities to share experiences of different cultures, organisations and industries.
Learn from industry experts.
This online programme is run by the Management School at the historic University of Liverpool, established in 1881 and one of the founding Russell Group members. We have offered online management degrees since 2001 and are part of an elite group of worldwide institutes to be triple-accredited, holding AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS status. Our vision is to be a globally connected Management School, with our transformative research and teaching, placing us at the forefront of influential knowledge leadership.
Learn online anytime, anywhere.
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Love what you’ve read so far?
Not sure if this programme is right for you? We host regular virtual events where you will be introduced to our range of online programmes, our online learning facilities, and Q&A’s with staff to help you make the best decision about the future of your education.
Is this the right course for you?
This programme is designed to equip current finance professionals and those seeking a career in the sector with the intellectual, learning, and professional skills they will need to make an outstanding contribution to their organisations. As a student, you will be able to combine a focus on practice and your previous studies or workplace experience, with the critical management scholarship of an elite AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS accredited Management School.
Upon completion of the programme, you will have developed an extensive understanding of contemporary principles of finance and investment management and how these are applied to financial intermediation, savings, and investment.
The Finance and Investment Management MSc consists of the following taught modules and a final dissertation project.
Shorter postgraduate diploma (120 credits) and postgraduate certificate (60 credits) awards are also available in this subject.
- Corporate Finance (15 credits)
- Financial Institutions, Regulation and Ethics (15 credits)
- Equity and Fixed Income (15 credits)
- Portfolio Management (15 credits)
- Financial Reporting and Analysis (15 credits)
- Derivatives and Alternative Investments (15 credits)
- Economics in Financial Markets (15 credits)
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
Program Tuition Fee
Enhance your career opportunities
As a graduate, you will have developed an understanding of the career opportunities within the financial sector and will be able to articulate your career aims. The design of the programme is informed by and aligned to the CFA qualification, therefore the specific skills taught and assessed will ensure assignments are professionally meaningful and enable the development of employability attributes relevant to Finance and Investment Management.
Download a prospectus for more details on the career support you will receive as a University of Liverpool student.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.