Online Master of Arts in Mass Communication - Web Design
University of Florida - College of Journalism and Communications
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
Our multi-faceted master’s program in Web Design takes a three-pronged approach to this exciting and in-demand field, with courses in design skills, communication theory, and code. That’s right, code. Gone are the days of waiting for someone with technical expertise to create the platform you need to present your team’s creative storytelling and showcase your organization’s content.
Our unique and industry-advancing approach to teaching Web Design that incorporates visual design, communication theory, and full-stack development will provide you with the confidence and skills you need to create dynamic websites tailored to client and audience needs.
You will actively engage with your fellow learners and give and receive constructive feedback from peers and instructors beginning on day one. The culmination of your program includes a capstone course where you will develop work for your portfolio to help you land that next job or promotion, and best market your skills.
- Design. Understand the fundamental principles of design and learn the tools of the trade. Create stunning designs prioritized for digital users and dynamic websites to drive engagement.
- Strategic Communication. Focus on critical thinking, analysis, and practical skills to develop and implement communication strategies that advance an organization’s goals and improve SEO.
The online Master of Arts in Mass Communication with a concentration in Web Design includes 37 credit hours: 34 hours of coursework plus three final credits in the capstone course. The program curriculum is guided by an Advisory Board of top industry experts, with courses taught by industry professionals and University of Florida faculty. Full-time students can complete their master’s degree in as few as 16 months.
Unique Learning Experience
UF CJC Online programs are designed for students who crave:
- Courses that challenge them to grow as communicators through hands-on assignments where they receive detailed constructive feedback from peers and instructors
- The flexibility of online courses where pre-recorded lectures and live online meetings allow students to engage with their courses from anywhere in the world
- Networking opportunities with peers, alumni, instructors, and guest lecturers
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities
- Creative storytelling skills
- A transformative student-centered learning experience
- Personalized attention from highly engaged faculty
- An affordable and respected graduate degree from a top-10 public university