Online Master of Science in Sport Administration
University of Cincinnati Online
Full time, Part time
USD 7,601 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* resident tuition per semester: $7,451 | non-resident tuition per semester: $7,601. Cost is subject to change. Financial aid is available
A Master’s in Sport Administration gives you the skills needed to work in the field of athletics. Behind the scenes, there are many jobs that make the product on the court or field happen. If you are passionate about sports and interested in launching or advancing your career in the exciting field of sport management and administration, earning your Master’s in Sport Administration Online from the University of Cincinnati will help you stay ahead of the competition.
Athletics are ingrained in the culture of Cincinnati. Our city is the home of three professional sports teams, a handful of local colleges, and a robust high school sports scene. Our year-round sporting events and activities provide ample opportunities to grow and establish yourself in the sport management industry.
University of Cincinnati’s Online Master in Sport Administration
Our program is designed for coaches and administrators working at every level in athletics. Each course provides training that is immediately applicable to your current position, whether you are new to the field or have years of experience.
The University of Cincinnati brings decades of faculty experience directly to you with our 100% online sport administration masters program. Our professors believe in the real-life applications of what you learn, not just teaching from textbooks or theoretical examples. That is why you will not take a single midterm or final exam. Our curriculum is focused on blending theory and practice. Our faculty has 40+ years of experience applying these concepts in the real world.
- 100% online. No campus visit is required.
- Asynchronous scheduling means you can complete coursework on your time.
- Financial aid is available.
- Create a course schedule that fits your life. Full-time students can graduate in as little as 1 year.
- Designed for full- or part-time students.
- A student success coordinator will work with you from start to graduation.
- Start dates in spring, summer, and fall.
- Transfer credit may be applicable.
The online Master of Science in Sport Administration degree at the University of Cincinnati takes a holistic approach to sports management education. Our online courses develop proficiency in key business areas, such as marketing and finance, with a curriculum tailored to the unique challenges of intercollegiate, interscholastic and professional sports.
Each course in this online program approaches athletic administration from a different angle, giving students the opportunity to develop advanced knowledge in many areas that can prepare them for future high school, college and professional sports management careers.
This program will culminate in a capstone project where you will demonstrate mastery of your new skills. You will select an industry partner, with faculty approval, to tackle a real-world challenge in your area of interest.
Our faculty has over 40 years of high school and college athletic administration experience and by partnering with the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), together, we will provide the very best possible educational opportunities and cultivate the next generation of sport industry leaders in athletic administration.
Take control of your future and prepare for leadership positions in athletic administration with our online Master in Sport Administration.
Curriculum at a glance
- Managerial Strategies in Athletics
- Strategic Athletic Marketing and Communications
- Applied Financial Management Strategies in Athletics
- Sport Facility Operations and Systems Management
- Sport and the Social Context
- Applied Research Methods for Athletic Administration
- Athletic Governance and Compliance
- Risk Management in Sport
- Capstone in Athletic Administration
- Student-Athlete Development
- The University of Cincinnati and all of its regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Top tier of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report.
Program Tuition Fee
Careers in the sports industry vary greatly. With a Sport Administration Masters degree from The University of Cincinnati, you will have the business acumen combined with an understanding of the special nature of the sports industry that will prepare you for the competitive world of sports business.
Examples of careers our graduates pursue include:
- Athletic director
- Facility management
- Sales, marketing, and promotions
- Intercollegiate athletics administration
- Public Relations director
- Event coordinator
- Marketing director
Obtaining employment in sport requires a distinctive game plan that often draws heavily on face-to-face networking with industry professionals. That’s why we developed our online Master of Science in Sport Administration program to leverage the Bearcat Nation’s vast alumni network and UC faculty members with close industry connections.
Distance learners will benefit from a framework built specifically for work in sport including options to:
- Connect directly with UC alumni and other sport professionals who hold positions relevant to individual career aspirations.
- Volunteer and internship opportunities in the surrounding community are presented to the student base.
- Develop personal and professional narratives to effectively communicate their story in sport.
- Learn how to compose, package, and put finishing touches on a Capstone project to help you prepare and succeed in the job you want.
- Work with faculty who will help formulate a transition plan for UC’s online MS in Sport Administration to the next career phase.
Content/information about the program is being pulled from UofC