MSc in Managerial Psychology
Unicaf University (ZM)
1 - 3 year
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
This Master’s programme is in compliance with Zambia’s current national strategic focus on the gradual development of higher education. Drawing on Zambia’s Education for All 2015 National Review, and complying with Unicaf University’s principles, the M.Sc. in Managerial Psychology will contribute to broadening access and participation to high-quality relevant education, with efficiency and effectiveness of modern education delivery systems. Managerial Psychology holds a pivotal role in the responsiveness on various imperatives of the time affecting the general welfare of humanity with varying shades of complexities.
The M.Sc. in Managerial Psychology aims to equip students with an ability to deploy skills and understanding in a range of seminal and contemporary issues surrounding psychological principles and research applied to business environments, through techniques of critical analysis, reflection and evaluation, complying with the pronounced long term educational goals of Zambia, which focus on the development of individual learners in holistic manner that address their cognitive-developmental needs, affective and psychomotor skills.
Moreover, equally important, are clarity of thought, knowledge of the possibility and limits of application of psychology in working environments, the capacity to explore issues, and present positions, in a structured and methodical way as well as the capacity to recognise and accommodate insights from a variety of sources. In other words, the meaningful acquisition of relevant skills and knowledge enables students to meet challenges and lead individual fruitful lives, while empowering them to contribute to the sustainable development of their immediate environment.
Since the education sector has vastly been embracing the potentials of online learning in the area of education, the M.Sc. in Managerial Psychology is offering improved content delivery. During this course, students will be able to apply psychological principles to the working environment and thus develop vital skills and knowledge in order to become successful in the field of Managerial Psychology.
Furthermore, the course will enable students to examine fundamental principles in Managerial Psychology, be equipped with all the necessary skills, knowledge and tools to function within their country’s industry in order to be able to offer, advance and achieve positive results when operating in their work environment.
Aims and Objectives of the Programme
- To develop students’ knowledge and understanding of both seminal and contemporary key psychological concepts, theories and approaches in Managerial Psychology.
- To facilitate the development of analytical, evaluative and professional skills in relation to the study of Managerial Psychology.
- To provide students with the necessary research skills to undertake research in various areas within Managerial Psychology to contribute to the development of the field in Zambia.
- To encourage students to work both independently and collaboratively in order to develop personal and interpersonal skills.
- To provide appropriate employability and/or professional development competencies relevant to the application of Managerial Psychology in the Zambian employment market.
- To provide supportive, stimulating and diverse learning experiences for students.
- To ensure that students’ proposed Managerial Psychology practice is underpinned by relevant psychological theory and serves the needs of the country.
- To ensure that students understand the requirements for ethical practice in the application of Managerial Psychological knowledge in the Zambian workplace context.
- To enable students to analyse a problem or task and formulate objectives.
- To facilitate the building of theoretical, interpersonal and practical skills required to complete the dissertation from initiation to completion.
Scholarships and Funding
Unicaf considers candidates for a scholarship based on:
- Academic qualifications:
Candidates should meet the entry requirements of the respective programme of study.
- Financial ability:
Candidates should be in a position to pay a portion of the fees after the application for the Scholarship.
- Country of residence:
Different scholarships apply depending on the country of residence of the student.
How it Works
First Complete the Application Form
This is part of the registration process and is not a commitment from your side.
After you submit the application form, a Student Adviser will contact you and discuss:
- Your qualifications for the course.
- The details about the degree.
- The eligibility criteria.
- If you want to study only online or at one of the Unicaf University campuses.
- The documentation that you will need to provide for your administration.
- The level of scholarship you are eligible for.
- Possible payment plan that suits your budget.
Your Papers get Reviewed
Once you have agreed with the Student Adviser that you would like to proceed and submitted all the paperwork, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Officer to determine if your academic qualifications meet the minimum criteria and the Scholarship Committee.
Receive Final Approval & Start Studying
Finally, you will be contacted with the decision of the Admissions Officer and the Scholarship Committee. Students that study online, can also take advantage of our Learning Centres that are located at several locations worldwide.
For the ones that commence their studies, the Unicaf team will continue to be at your side every step of the way.
- UU-Msc-IND100-ZM Induction Module
- UU-FNT-203-ZM Introduction to Master Degree
Core requirements (required modules)
- UU-PSY-700-ZM Workplace Psychology
- UU-PSY-701-ZM Organizational Communication
- UU-PSY-702-ZM External Communications
- UU-PSY-703-ZM Organizational Leadership
- UU-PSY-704-ZM Organizational Culture Management
- UU-PSY-705-ZM Project and Research Management
- UU-PSY-706-1-ZM Dissertation Part 1
- UU-PSY-706-2-ZM Dissertation Part 2