MA in Educational Leadership and Management
Unicaf University (ZM)
1 - 3 year
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
The Unicaf University MA in Educational Leadership and Management provides learners with in-depth knowledge and fruitful experience towards the Management and Leadership strategies that can be adopted and implemented in any academic institute and organization. The programme supplies anyone who wishes to be employed as an academic administrator, coordinator and director within public and private education. The curriculum is designed based on international and national standards and criteria. The learners obtain certain skills in evaluating a current problem, conducting research and come up with solutions. They are confident to develop academic instructions and involve the relevant stakeholders in decision-making in order to improve teaching and learning.
The programme provides learners with a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Leadership and Management aspects and approaches in the academic sector. It is addressed to educators who plan to undertake leadership and administrative positions and enhance their administration skills. Students are expected to attain competence across a spectrum of relevant subject areas and themes, including innovation in schools; education and technology; communication and conflict resolution; organizational culture and resource management; public policy; systems of inspection and review; and the philosophy of leadership in education.
Aim of the Programme
To develop essential knowledge and skills in the theory and practice of Educational management and leadership as well as introduce effective and efficient applications towards a curriculum evaluation.
Objectives of the Programme
- To offer an integrated programme of Educational Management and Leadership.
- To provide students with Leadership knowledge and Management skills.
- To allow students to act as confident leaders/managers in an academic institute.
- To prepare students for effective organization and administration of schools and education.
- To prepare training executives who act creatively and productively.
- To strengthen students' knowledge and skills in the critical evaluation and analysis in research.
- To familiarise students with leadership and management models that can be adopted by academic institutes.
- To provide students with knowledge, attitudes and skills to offer services to the wider educational community.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the students should be able to:
- Apply leadership and management strategies in an academic environment.
- Assess an academic situation from a leader’s perspective.
- Suggest solutions and changes in terms of improvement and enhancement.
- Improve a curriculum and educational methodologies.
- Be able to assess educators ‘performance through the implementation of evaluation models.
- Conduct small or large-scale research through quantitative, qualitative and/or mixed methodology in the field of Educational leadership and management.
- Introduce innovative strategies and technological tools that can enhance the teaching and learning of an academic institute.
- UU-Msc-IND100-ZM Induction Module
- UU-FNT-203-ZM Introduction to Master Degree
Core requirements (required modules)
- UU-EDU-710-ZM Teaching and Learning Management
- UU-EDU-720-ZM Fundamentals of Curriculum
- UU-EDU-740-ZM Concepts, Principles & Models in Educational Leadership
- UU-EDU-750-ZM School Organisation Management
- UU-EDU-760-ZM Developing Educational Policy & Managing Change
- UU-EDU-770-ZM Research Methods and Practices
- UU-EDU-780-1-ZM Dissertation Project (Part 1)
- UU-EDU-780-2-ZM Dissertation Project (Part 2)
Scholarships and Funding
Unicaf considers candidates for a scholarship based on:
- Academic qualifications:
Candidates should meet the entry requirements of the respective programme of study.
- Financial ability:
Candidates should be in a position to pay a portion of the fees after the application for the Scholarship.
- Country of residence:
Different scholarships apply depending on the country of residence of the student.
How it Works
First Complete the Application Form
This is part of the registration process and is not a commitment from your side.
After you submit the application form, a Student Adviser will contact you and discuss:
- Your qualifications for the course.
- The details about the degree.
- The eligibility criteria.
- If you want to study only online or at one of the Unicaf University campuses.
- The documentation that you will need to provide for your administration.
- The level of scholarship you are eligible for.
- Possible payment plan that suits your budget.
Your Papers get Reviewed
Once you have agreed with the Student Adviser that you would like to proceed and submitted all the paperwork, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Officer to determine if your academic qualifications meet the minimum criteria and the Scholarship Committee.
Receive Final Approval & Start Studying
Finally, you will be contacted with the decision of the Admissions Officer and the Scholarship Committee. Students that study online, can also take advantage of our Learning Centres that are located at several locations worldwide.
For the ones that commence their studies, the Unicaf team will continue to be at your side every step of the way.