Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 2 Certificate (QCF)
UK Open College
UK Online, United Kingdom
Earliest start date
* Starting at £299.00
This home study qualiﬁcation has been developed for people wanting to work in the children and young people’s workforce in Early Years, Nursery and Reception Class Settings. It is ideal for learners who are just starting out in their career and do not feel ready to take a full Level 3 qualiﬁcation. An ideal first step for those students looking to progress onto the new early years' educator course in the future. Recognised & Accepted by OFSTED.
Suitable for those in full or part-time learning or employment, it builds the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people from birth up to 19 years. On completion, learners will be able to work under guidance, in a wide range of job roles.
This course combined with placement/superior supervision can be completed from home at your own pace. Lifestyle learning offers true flexibility.
- Qualification: Level 2 Certificate in Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes at level 2
- Awarding Body: TQUK
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 320 Hours - 12 Months Max Support
- Credit Value: 35
Mandatory units - 31 Credits overall
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Child and young person development
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
- Support positive children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
Optional Units - Min 4 Remaining credits from below
- Understand child and young person development (4 credits)
- Support children and young people’s health and safety (2 credits)
Students looking to enrol in this course should meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 16 Years or above
- Have a confirmed placement for duration of the whole course (Minimum 150 Hours required)
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
- Basic computer skills: e.g Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
Note: Placements are not arranged by UK Open College. Students should have a confirmed placement prior to enrolment in an Ofsted registered school (International schools should follow the english curriculum) Please do not enrol unless your placement is confirmed. If you enrol without this requirement you do so at your own risk. UK Open College will not be held responsible if you do not have a placement or your offer of placement is withdrawn.
CRB check: This is normally carried out by the school where you have arranged your placement. UK Open College does not arrange CRB check on behalf of students.
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 320 in addition to 150 hours minimum placement work. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.
We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side.
Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual. Completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the 12 month tuition period. If you require additional time an extension may be available. Extensions are arranged at an additional cost as and when needed.
This course is supplied in paper format and will be delivered directly to your chosen address.Students are able to complete their course assignments using a word processing programme and email them direct to the tutor. Once received tutors will reply to you directly. We do not accept course assignments via post.
Students can normally expect to receive delivery of their course materials via courier within 3 working days of enrolment being received. However, we would ask you to allow 7 working days.