Master's Degree in Direction and Management of Educational Centers UDIMA - Universidad a Distancia de Madrid
The objective of the University Master's Degree in Direction and Management of Educational Centers is the professional and technical training of university graduates who intend to acquire the necessary skills for professional practice in the field of direction and management of educational centers. To this end, the master's degree aims to provide the student with the skills and tools necessary to work in a multidisciplinary team of professionals, as well as to promote quality and innovation within the educational system.
Members of management teams and managers of educational institutions currently find a pressing need for training that enables them to respond appropriately to the complex situations that occur daily in their workplaces. The demands that today's society makes on educational institutions require constant renewal of both educational centers and the training of professionals who work in them.
In this sense, through the University Master's Degree in Direction and Management of Educational Centers, the aim is for students to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the functions of direction and management of centers with excellence.
The University Master's Degree in Direction and Management of Educational Centers of UDIMA is an official degree whose study plan is published in BOE number 108 of May 6, 2015.
The Master is aimed at all those with a university degree who are interested in specializing in the field of direction and management of educational centers. This training program does not require prior experience and training, but rather aims to provide complete training for the direction and management of educational centers in a progressive and effective way.
Objectives of the master
The main objective of the Master's Degree in Direction and Management of Educational Centers is to train top-level professionals for the effective exercise of the directive and management function of educational centers.
At the end of the master's degree, the student will be able to:
- Build links with the school community and become effectively involved in educational processes.
- Promote interpersonal relationships between the different members of the educational community.
- Analyze the singularities of each school to apply the most appropriate principles and models of educational management.
- Propose innovative procedures and methodologies to improve and optimize resources in order to meet the objectives of the educational center.
- Understand and interpret the legal framework and the general organization rules for the proper functioning of the center in its educational, economic and management aspects of human and material resources.
- Make decisions in complex contexts and in difficult situations, assessing the needs of the educational community and planning feasible solutions taking into account the socio-economic reality of the moment.
- Design and develop learning spaces with special attention to equity, emotional and values education, equal rights and opportunities between men and women, citizenship training and respect for human rights.
- Encourage and develop the entrepreneurial spirit and innovative initiatives in the exercise of the direction and management of an educational center.
UDIMA training model is based on distance education, making intensive use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) to facilitate the educational process.
UDIMA learning evaluation system contemplates carrying out and, where appropriate, overcoming different types of activities. The percentage weights established to evaluate the activities of each subject will be described in detail in the file of each module or subject contained in the teaching planning and will be established from the maximum and minimum established in the following table:
Participation in learning activities
Continuous Assessment Activities (AEC):
Face-to-face final exam
In all subjects, the student is monitored academically through the qualification of didactic activities based on the characteristics of the European Higher Education Area.
Due to its relationship with the world of work, UDIMA works actively to detect the skills and abilities most in demand in the current labor market. This master's degree enables you to exercise leadership and management tasks in:
- Infant, Primary and Secondary Education Centers.
- Vocational Training Centers.
- Special Education Centers.
- Adult Education Centers.