Online Certificate in Full Stack Web Development
University of California, Irvine - Division of Continuing Education
USA Online, USA
9 - 18 months
USD 5,495 / per course
Earliest start date
When you learn full stack web development, you acquire both the technical and creative skills to program, code, and build websites and apps. Through our program, you will learn how to construct online projects across a variety of coding languages and technology platforms. You will begin with a foundation for basic web development for learning front-end languages and then deep dive into sophisticated back-end coding frameworks.
After completing this program, you will walk away with in-demand technical skills and knowledge of the latest technologies used in the industry today to build applications.
Occupational summary for web developers in the United States.
- Jobs:127,068 (2018)
- Projected Growth: 15.5% (2019-2029)
- Annual Salary: $69k-$124k (25th-75th Percentile)
- Design, implement, publish, and maintain websites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media
- Explain how to clearly organize a consistent and functional website from both user and business perspectives
- Evaluate code for validity and structure that meets industry standards
- Test code for browser and device compatibility
- Gain familiarity with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), what they can do, and how to use them in your code
- Build web applications
- Recognize and explain web programming, coding languages, web protocols, frameworks, and standards
- Recognize how to utilize libraries such as jQuery, Backbone, and React
- Explain the various skills needed for both front-end and back-end development and how they work together
- Create a website from start to finish and gain insight on how to build a web development portfolio
Who Should Enroll
- Career changers who are looking to transition to a career as a full stack web developer
- Aspiring web developers and web designers
- Tech-savvy hobbyists and marketing professionals who want to increase their expertise in the area of web development and online product development
- Professionals already working in agencies, startups, or tech companies who want to keep up to date with the latest development, code trends, and industry best practices
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.