Online Certificate in E-Learning Instructional Design
University of California, Irvine - Division of Continuing Education
9 - 18 months
USD 4,205 / per course *
Earliest start date
* average cost
Building skills in developing and delivering online learning are integral to addressing the task of training online. As companies increasingly recognize the value of online learning, training functions must keep pace with advances in instructional methodologies and new technology. It is critical that training professionals remain up-to-date with changes to how training is produced and delivered.
This program includes topics on the methodology, skills, and techniques necessary for aligning e-learning strategies with business strategies. This program provides the foundation for today's instructional development that focuses on aligning skills and knowledge needed to achieve organizational strategic goals and objectives. Content also provides the knowledge and skills for planning and designing e-learning instruction in training areas to match today's varied company business needs based on identifiable learning objectives, rapid authoring tools, content requirements, and outcomes.
Occupational summary for instructional coordinators in the United States.
- Jobs: 292,352 (2019)
- Projeced Growth: 13% (2019-2029)
- Annual Salary: $60k-$102k
- Explain the differences between traditional and online learning instruction
- Construct and deploy an online lesson and incorporate e-learning technologies
- Analyze the management and cost issues associated with deploying online instruction
- Compare and contrast popular rapid authoring tools
- Explore current learning theories incorporating principles of the traditional ADDIE and more contemporary rapid prototype models
- Exhibit knowledge, skills, and creativity related to e-learning instructional design in the practicum course
- Principles of E-Learning Instructional Design
- Exploring E-Learning Development Tools
- Introduction to Designing and Developing Interactive E-Learning Courses OR Beyond the Basics: Designing and Developing Interactive E-Learning Courses
- Project Management for E-Learning Professionals
- E-Learning Evaluation and Assessment
- E-Learning Instructional Design Practicum
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for:
- Instructional designers
- Individuals seeking a career change or position within the e-learning instructional design field
- Training managers or coordinators
- Human resources professionals
- Professionals who have taken on a training role within their department
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.