Online Certificate in Data Science
University of California, Irvine - Division of Continuing Education
9 - 15 months
USD 6,215 *
Earliest start date
* average cost
The demand for data practitioners has increased dramatically over the past few years. Data Science is continually ranked as one of the most in-demand professions and the need for skilled professionals to manage and leverage insights from data is clearer than ever before. The curriculum taught in this Data Science Certificate Program is designed to meet the expanding needs of data professionals at all levels.
This program covers a wide array of topics in data science including data-driven discovery and prediction, data engineering at scale (inspecting, cleaning, transforming, and modeling data), structured and unstructured data, computational statistics, pattern recognition, data mining, data visualization, databases, SQL, Python, and machine learning.
Occupational summary for software developers, applications in the United States.
- Jobs: 33,286 (2019)
- Projected Growth: 18.7% (2019-2029)
- Annual Salary: $118k (Median Salary)
- Learn from industry experts how to utilize a combination of science, art & business techniques to deliver new insights and competitive intelligence
- Describe the phases of the analytics lifecycle
- Utilize a variety of statistical and computer science tools and techniques to analyze data
- Describe and use the typical tools and technologies required to model and analyze large (big) datasets
- Explain the use of typical tools to explore data (R, STATISTICA, Hadoop, etc.)
- Utilize an inquisitive "hacker" mentality to uncover new meaning from existing data
- Effectively design, model, and manage databases
- Describe and utilize unstructured and structured data sets leveraging text analytics tools.
- Define requirements, develop an architecture, and implement a data warehouse plan
Who Should Enroll
This program is intended for professionals in a variety of industries and job functions who are looking to help their organization understand and leverage the massive amounts of diverse data they collect. Others who would benefit from this program include data engineers, data analysts, computer scientists, business analysts, database administrators, researchers, and statisticians.
- Fundamentals of Data Science
- Data Engineering
- Big Data Analysis
- Advanced Visualization
- Intro to Machine Learning & AI
- R Basics
- R Programming
- Cloud Computing Essentials
- Python for Data Analysis
- Data Preparation, Modeling, and Visualization with Python
- Data Integration, Modeling, and ETL
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.