Online Certificate in Cyber Security
University of California, Irvine - Division of Continuing Education
9 - 15 months
USD 5,495 / per course
Earliest start date
Corporations have been put on alert to heighten their infrastructure and data security due to threats from hackers and cyber-terrorists. Government agencies and customers have dramatically increased their requirements of corporate security procedures. Develop the skills you need to succeed in this rapidly expanding, dynamic field.
The curriculum focuses on developing a comprehensive understanding of the principles for designing, engineering, and managing secure information systems environments. Core topic areas include access control, application development security, business continuity, and disaster recovery planning, cryptography, information security governance, and risk management, legal, regulations, investigations and compliance, operations security, physical (environmental) security, security architecture, and design, and telecommunications and network security. This program will help prepare you to sit for the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) exam administered by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc., (ISC)2®.
Occupational summary for information security analysts in the United States.
- Jobs: 112,392 (2019)
- Projected Growth: 24.9% (2019-2029)
- Annual Salary: $98k-$156k (25th-75th Percentile)
- Develop key knowledge of information systems security, including access control, administration, audit and monitoring, risk, response, and recovery
- Implement government and customer imposed security requirements
- Develop best practices for business continuity planning in the event of a major disaster or major change in the business
- Broaden your knowledge to include the implementation of multiple technologies, including client/server, Web, mainframe, and wireless
- Design, diagnose, implement, manage, and resolve complex computer security threats
- Gain the knowledge required to obtain your CISSP® certification
Graduates from UCI Division of Continuing Education's Information Systems Security Certificate program are eligible to transfer credits to the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Master of Science in Criminal Justice and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), Master's in Professional Studies (MPS): Cybersecurity Programs.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.