Master in Innovation and Tourism Marketing Online
UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia
Spain Online, Spain
EUR 4,000 / per year
Earliest start date
Why study Innovation and Tourism Marketing with us?
- Also available on campus
- Personalized attention
- Guaranteed work experience
- Maximize career opportunities
- Spanish Language Courses
Spain is the world's leading destination for holiday tourism, and the second most visited country in the world with the most World Heritage cities, the third in terms of natural areas declared Biosphere Reserves or the country with the most Blue Flag beaches in the entire Northern Hemisphere.
The Master's in Innovation and Tourism Marketing offered by UCAM, an Affiliated Member of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), is an essential step in the honing of professional skills and a giant leap in the modernization of tourism management, thereby improving the competitiveness of tourism companies and popular tourist destinations.
Spain is a world power in the tourism industry with extensive experience in research and development, which has allowed us to build up a wealth of knowledge that we feel urged to pass on to our students.
In the last ten years, the introduction of new management systems and products has revolutionized the tourism industry. Today’s technological environment represents a challenge to the individual operator to compete on equal terms with all the different types of organizations in this sector.
This new way of doing business has revolutionized the tourism sector, allowing it to benefit from the second largest percentage of internet searches and propelling it to number 1 in terms of internet monetary transactions. High quality, the ability to adapt quickly to change, personalized marketing, innovative products, and the creation of new tourism experiences - are all foundations on which the future of tourism rests.
The constant emergence of new competitors and new technologies, along with the specialization and professionalization of this sector has meant that companies and employees in the industry have to keep up with the speed of these changes. This mission requires a deep understanding of individual markets and customers. It calls on its stakeholders to be creative, to keep abreast of changes in popular culture, to grasp the latest technological developments and be able to put them to profitable use. These are the skills and knowledge that this Master’s degree will impart to students.
The Master’s in Innovation and Tourism Marketing is intended for people that are passionate about the culture of innovation, technology, and marketing applied in tourism organizations.
Students entering this program must be a graduate of a tourism-related study or have a degree at the university level in a different academic field. This program is appropriate for students who want to acquire or expand their knowledge with regard to the setup and operations management aimed at innovation and marketing processes in the tourism sector.
According to the latest issue of UNWTO World Tourism Highlights, international tourist arrivals in 2018 reached 1.4 billion, representing an increase of 5% over the previous year. International tourism represents 7% of the world's exports in goods and services. Tourism has grown faster than world trade for the past five years. The travel and tourism industry provides 10% of employment, generating 339 million jobs around the world, and is expected to grow over 4% per year in the next decade. Tourism involves other key sectors like catering, events, entertainment, wellness, sport, and golf courses, among others, thus impacting majorly on labor supply.
In conclusion, tourism has become one of the largest and fastest-growing economic sectors in the world and, therefore, its development is vital for the global economy. This development increases the demand for qualified professionals who are adapted to the reality of new productive structures and the changes in business management. In this sense, Spain, one of the most competitive tourism destinations, plays the role of the world leader in tourism development and research which makes it the perfect choice for students interested in the tourism industry.
The Master’s Degree in Innovation and Tourism Marketing aims to offer students the necessary theory and training to achieve, at the highest level, their personal and professional development in the tourism industry. Therefore, the main purpose of this Master’s is to empower each participant with strong leadership skills in an international and multicultural context in order to acquire knowledge and competencies about innovation, technology, and marketing, and the ability to apply them in real situations.
The curriculum -both theoretical and practical- is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and to ensure their professional careers. The theoretical section covers a wide range of courses on innovation and technology, marketing processes, branding, business models, and public management in the tourism sector. The practical section or internship comprises 150 hours and is developed with the collaboration of well-established companies and organizations.
At the end of the program graduates are qualified to:
- Successfully develop their own business in the tourism sector
- Start/resume their career in the private sector, holding positions of responsibility in departments of general management, innovation, human resources, marketing or communication
- Work as project or product managers, online managers in eCommerce, social media, revenue management etc. or as a manager of innovation and tourism technology
- Develop their career in the public sector e.g. in the planning and management of smart destinations
- Advise public and private companies in the innovation, marketing and implementation of new technologies in the development of tourism projects
- Begin their professional careers in the area of teaching and research
- I. Innovation a reality in the tourism 6 ECTS
- I. The new global tourism environment 6 ECTS
- II. Innovation applied to Tourism Business Models 3 ECTS
- II. Innovation and Creativity applied to the Generation of Value 3 ECTS
- II. Innovation applied to Tourism Processes 3 ECTS
- II. Innovation applied to the Management of Tourism Businesses 3 ECTS
- III. Technologies applied to tourism 6 ECTS
- III. The public support for the development of technology in tourism 6 ECTS
- IV. Knowledge and Management of Customer and Markets 6 ECTS
- IV. Innovation and Tourism Marketing Management 6 ECTS
- V. Internship 6 ECTS
- V. Theoretical and Practical Seminar 6 ECTS
- VI. Final Project 6 ECTS
UCAM’s career services will be available for the Master in Innovation and Tourism Marketing students including the SOIL – “Orientation and Work Placement Service” of UCAM, “Portal de Empleo” – the university’s employment portal – and the “Network of Recruiting Erasmus”, a service that promotes international students’ employment in top companies throughout Spain.
The theoretical knowledge and the practical training in the Master’s Degree in Innovation and Tourism Management enable students to access the labor market, both in the private and public sectors.
Our postgraduates meet the demands of a wide range of professional profiles. The knowledge and skills training at the Master's allow students to occupy leading positions in tourism companies and/or public institutions, as well as to draw up their own business plans as entrepreneurs.
The internship is optional, as our students may search for their internships -in the country of their choice- with the assistance of the Master’s Coordinator. We always aim for students to apply for an internship in recognized national or international businesses where there might be opportunities for future employment.
At the end of the program, graduates are qualified to become:
- Tourism project or product developer.
- Director of Marketing.
- Digital Marketing Manager.
- Online Communication Manager.
- E-commerce Manager.
- Social Media Manager.
- Community Manager.
- Web Project Manager.
- Chief Innovation Officer.
- Digital Transformation Director.
- Innovation Manager.
- New Technologies Manager.
- (Smart) Destination Planner/Manager.
- Public Administration Technical staff.
- Marketing Consultant.
- Innovation Consultant.
- Public Relations / PR manager.
The university follows an internal process of constant renewal and accreditation to maintain the most limited quality changes in our educational system.
- Master’s Degree included in the top ten for labor insertion and number of international students - According to the Fundación CyD Ranking
- Master’s Degree ranked first for teacher-student ratio at a national level, and fourth at the European level - According to Ranking U-multirank