Bachelor of Science (BS) Computer Information Systems The College Of Westchester
Develop the skills to monitor, detect, investigate, and respond to cybersecurity risks, threats, and vulnerabilities. Learn Cisco Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials, Network Infrastructure, Cloud Computing and so much more! Earn your Computer Information Systems Degree and launch your career!
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems program provides a solid foundation of IT skills and knowledge, communication skills, critical thinking, and design skills relevant to succeed in an IT career. Students will learn the core competencies needed to plan strategic and effective IT solutions for any organization.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems program should be able to:
- Design, secure, operate, and troubleshoot enterprise networks and equipment such as switches and routers.
- Utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real and virtual equipment to build personal computers, establish virtualization, and software-defined networks, and use application programming interfaces (APIs) and configuration management tools to enable network automation.
- Use IT tools to design, develop, and implement effective IT solutions and to solve organizational problems.
- Investigate and analyze security vulnerabilities and mitigate threats by applying effective countermeasures.
- Using the software development process and algorithmic approaches, design, write, test, and run web and desktop applications using object-oriented programming languages.
- NET111 PC Technology (A+)
- NET117 Operating System Technologies (A+)
- NET125 Cisco Networking Basics
- NET143 Windows Client Administration
- NET151 Windows Server Administration
- NET163 Cisco Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials
- NET215 Networking Essentials (Network+)
- NET265 Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation
- NET283 Network Security
- NET335 Active Directory Services
- NET345 Network Infrastructure & Cloud Computing
- NET410 Cyber Counterintelligence
Computer Information Systems Courses
- CIS110 Programming Logic
- CIS210 Structured Programming
- CIS233 Database Applications (Access)
- CIS325 Python Programming
- CIS420 Advanced Database SQL
- CIS480 Computer Information Systems Capstone
General Education Courses
- GEN105 Transformative Learning
- GEN125 English Composition I
- GEN127 English Composition II
- GEN129 Essentials of Public Speaking
- GEN151 College Algebra
- GEN157 Statistics
- GEN224 Professional Communications and Career Development
- GEN250 Ethics and Professionalism
- GEN305 Mathematical Concepts and Statistical Applications
- GEN315 Discrete Mathematics
- GEN330 Adult Development and Learning in the Workplace
- GEN342 Writing for the Business Professions
- GEN363 Conflict, Communication and Resolution
- GEN421 Business Communications and Research Methods