Online Graduate Certificate in Tactical Performance and Resiliency
Full time, Part time
USD 695 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* per credit hour fee
The public and private sectors are experiencing a rapidly growing demand for professionals who exhibit high standards of knowledge, skills, integrity, and leadership in improving the performance and resiliency of tactical athletes. Tactical athletes include military personnel, first responders, and veterans.
Our online Graduate Certificate in Tactical Performance and Resiliency empowers you to gain highly practical knowledge and skills for effectively training tactical athletes at the individual-level. Studying at your own pace through our online courses, you will expand your skills and knowledge well beyond that offered by professional certifications alone. You will graduate from this program effectively-prepared to design and deliver effective tactical training programs for military service members, firefighters, law enforcement officers, and veterans on a one-on-one basis.
- Learning from the best: As The # 1 Top Public College in the South, and a Senior Military College, you will learn from world-leading subject matter experts at The Citadel.
- Knowing the How: You will complete the certificate program with an understanding of effective methods for developing and delivering individualized fitness programs to improve the performance and resiliency of tactical athletes.
- Knowing the Why: You will complete the certificate with a basic theoretical understanding of the physical and psychological principles of performance and resiliency for tactical athletes.
- Being an asset to your current employer. If you currently have a career as a military service member or first responder, completing our graduate certificate program will allow you to be the subject matter expert within your tactical unit and be a valued asset to your employer.
- Employment in a Tactical Strength & Conditioning setting: This one-of-a-kind certificate program will allow you to have a competitive advantage in gaining entry-level employment as certified professional working one-on-one with tactical athletes in the commercial fitness setting and/or a tactical strength and conditioning setting.
- Preparation for an M.S. Degree: Having successfully completed this certificate program positions you for advanced study through our residential Master of Science Degree, with most of your credits counting towards completion of that degree.
Certificate Completion Requirements (Course Requirements)
The Graduate Certificate in Tactical Performance & Resiliency will consist of eighteen (18) semester credit hours from courses delivered online. An optional On-Site Practicum course can be completed at The Citadel, which will provide in-depth, real-world application of the content covered in the online courses. Successful completion of the On-Site Practicum allows you to earn The Citadel’s Certificate in Tactical Performance & Resiliency with Distinction, which will increase your marketability to employers.
Certificate Course Completion Requirements (credit-bearing)
- TAPR 600 Fundamentals of Applied Functional Anatomy & Physiology*
- TAPR 601 Introduction to Human Performance
- TAPR 610 Applied Exercise Physiology and Nutrition
- PSYC 516 Psychological Resiliency for Tactical Athletes
- TAPR 640 Tactical Strength and Conditioning
- TAPR 699 Capstone Internship in Tactical Performance & Resiliency
* Requirement for this course may be waived with proof of recent, satisfactory completion of two semesters of undergraduate human anatomy and physiology from an accredited college or university.
Optional Course (credit-bearing)
- TAPR 695 On-Site Practicum
Certificate Completion Requirements (non-credit bearing)
- Students in this program must demonstrate having earned the credential of Certified Personal Trainer from either the National Strength and Conditioning Association or The American College of Sports Medicine;
- Proof of current certification in Mental Health First Aid;
- Proof of current certification in First Aid and CPR.
About The Citadel:
For nine consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report has named The Citadel the #1 Public College in the South for institutions offering up to a master’s degree. The report has also named The Citadel the #1 College for Veterans in the South. The Citadel is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, and specialist in education degrees.