Master of Science in Cybersecurity
Earliest start date
Build on your existing STEM skillset with the online M.S. in Cybersecurity from Syracuse University, ranked a top-25 program by U.S. News in 2021. Scholarships of $10,000 and up are available for admitted students. No GRE currently required. Earn your degree in as few as 15 months and learn to identify, prevent, and counteract cybersecurity crimes.
Since 1901, Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science has prepared students to produce practical, sustainable solutions to the most pressing technological problems. The online Master of Science in Cybersecurity program prepares students with the skills to counteract cybercrime through the design and protection of new systems, as well as an advanced knowledge of data mining, malware detection, and systems assurance. Students graduate ready to predict, prevent, and respond to cyberattacks in as little as 15 months without relocating. No GRE currently required.
Syracuse University's online M.S in Cybersecurity prepares students to predict, prevent and respond to cyberattacks. Through live online classes, students develop advanced skills without relocating. Able to be completed in 15 months and no GRE currently required. Master's degree preferred, and programming exp. required.
The online format of the program combines live weekly classes, multimedia coursework, and collaborative group learning exercises. The innovative learning technology platform helps students cultivate lifelong professional relationships and personally interact with a worldwide community of students and alumni—all while having the flexibility to continue working full time.
Courses are led by professors who bring a wealth of experience from the field directly to the classroom, helping students learn skills that are immediately applicable to their day-to-day work environments.
- Community - Founded in 1901, the school has maintained its reputation as a leader in the field, offering a curriculum built on theory, fundamentals, and application with a worldwide community of over 20,000 engineering and computer science alumni.
- Prestige - Syracuse University’s College of Engineering and Computer Science is designated by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAEIAE) since 2001 and as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Research (CAE-R) since 2009.
- Unique Curriculum - Designed and taught by Syracuse faculty, the curriculum built on theory, fundamentals, and application. Graduates are sought after for their ability to translate what they have learned in the classroom to real-world needs.
Students in the M.S. in Cybersecurity program develop the expertise to design and develop secure, assured systems. The curriculum focuses on five major objectives:
- Design of new systems that are inherently secure
- Protection of systems such as web, mobile, and critical infrastructures
- Systems assurance through application of mathematical logic
- Analysis and detection of malware and other cyber attacks
- Data mining and anomaly detection to identify suspicious cyber behavior
- Ranked a top-25 program by U.S. News in 2021
- Ranked the #1 cybersecurity program for veterans and military-connected students by The Military Times.
In 15 months, you'll advance your current programming and technical skillset and prepare to take on today's most pressing cybersecurity challenges. Graduates of the program emerge fully prepared to predict, prevent, and respond to cyber-attacks.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.