MSc International Business Administration (Online)
SOAS University of London
London, United Kingdom
2 - 5 years
Full time, Part time
GBP 10,920 / per year *
Earliest start date
* single module: £1,820
Mode of Attendance: Online learning
International businesses have a growing need for senior personnel with high-quality management skills and specialist regional knowledge.
As the regions of Asia and of Africa take roles as leading and emerging economies in the world, this MSc International Business Administration responds to this need.
You will study the interplay between global and local factors that influence management decisions in business. Additionally, students will also become acquainted with the main issues and methods in Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Banking, and Financial Econometrics. The programme will present Finance as a scientific discipline with a rigorous methodology, but at the same time will describe the way financial markets and institutions actually work in a variety of contexts.
Our teaching offers you exceptional insights into financial institutions and markets in London and other major cities in the world. In addition, we offer specialist knowledge of financial and management systems in the emerging markets of Africa, Asia and the Middle East – something that will set you apart from graduates of other universities that normally focus on the analysis of Europe and the Americas. You will develop an excellent understanding of key issues shaping international business strategy in a global financial environment.
Why study MSc International Business Administration at SOAS
Learn from world-class financial experts
- we have the Centre for Global Finance (CGF), a world-leading research centre in finance, which hosts cutting-edge research projects that involve students and a global network of experts in generating innovative solution to real-time challenges
Obtain real-world skills in the global financial hub – London
- you will be equipped with strong quantitative and analytical skills to undertake professional tasks such as financial analysis, risk management, investment appraisal and portfolio allocation
- SOAS is in close proximity to the City of London, a leading financial centre in the world with 75% of the top global companies based in the city, 100% of leading financial institutions represented, and 200 + foreign banks
You will study six modules: two core modules and four elective modules selected from the list below.
If you wish to complete the Dissertation you must study Research Methods.
- International Business Strategy
- Managing the Transnational Corporation
- Banking Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Finance in the Global Market
- Financial Reporting (IFRS)
- Introduction to Valuation
- Management Accounting
- Management Information in Business
- Risk Management: Principles and Applications
- The Economy of China
- Management in China
- The Economy of Sub-Saharan Africa
- Management in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Research Methods
The information on the programme page reflects the intended programme structure against the given academic session.
We’re ranked 14th in the UK and 1st in London for Business and Management (Guardian 2020)
Graduates from the MSc in Finance will be well equipped for a career in corporate finance, treasury, banking, investments, financial analysis, and other finance-related strategic roles in business.
Students who attain a distinction or merit grade will be well-placed to embark on research towards a PhD. The School of Finance and Management maintains close links with employers in the United Kingdom and its focus regions; the Centre for Global Finance has solid international links with multinational firms, governments and multilateral financial institutions.
Our graduates may wish to consider taking up work in a wide range of organisations, including:
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
- Euro Monitor International
- HM Treasury
- Western Securities Co. Ltd
Graduates may also consider taking up the following roles:
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Market Research Executive
- Management Consultant
- Foreign Exchange Trading Business Manager
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.