MSc Finance and Financial Law (Online)
SOAS University of London
London, United Kingdom
2 - 5 years
Full time, Part time
GBP 10,920 / per year *
Earliest start date
* single module: £1,820
Mode of Attendance: Online learning
Our MSc in Finance and Financial Law programme takes an integrated approach to finance and financial law, including risk management, regulation, mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, bond issues, and loans.
In these fast-changing subjects, the MSc Finance and Financial Law provides the specialist knowledge required in international banks and investment firms, legal practice, regulatory institutions and the academic world. The programme relates to both national and international finance and considers how financial and legal principles are applied in the context of actual case studies.
Students also have the option to follow one of two specific pathways within the programme - MSc Finance and Financial Law (Major: Law) or MSc Finance and Financial Law (Major: Finance).
Why study at MSc Finance and Financial Law at SOAS
- programmes are delivered by a multicultural and international teaching body, who regularly publish in top international journals
- you will develop an excellent understanding of key issues shaping international business strategy
- we are specialists in the delivery of more than forty African and Asian languages. As the economies of the Global South continue to expand, knowledge of another language and other cultures will be a big asset in the world of commerce and international trade
- you will be joining our community of alumni and academics who have an impact on the outside world of academia
Graduates from the MSc Finance and Financial Law will be well equipped for a career with a financial institution, a commercial law firm, regulator, government department or indeed in general business.
You will study six modules: three core modules and three elective modules selected from the list below.
If you wish to complete the Dissertation you must study Research Methods.
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Law
- Introduction to Law and to Finance
- Bank Financial Management
- Banking and Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance
- Finance in the Global market
- Law and Regulation of Electronic Finance and Internet Banking
- Legal Aspects of Corporate Finance
- Legal Aspects of International Finance
- Regulation of International Capital Markets
- Research Methods
- Risk Management: Principles and Applications
The information on the programme page reflects the intended programme structure against the given academic session.
Too often expertise in financial services is polarised. Professionals either have knowledge of the practicalities of how financial services businesses operate or of the law relating to them. This programme creates a new kind of financial services professional: graduates who are trained in both finance and law. Graduates of the MSc FFL find that their specialist knowledge is in demand by international banks and investment firms, legal practices, regulatory institutions and the academic world.
Among the institutions with which our graduates are currently working are: Baronsmead Partners LLP; China Banking Regulatory Commission; Deloitte; JP Morgan Chase; Kleinwort Benson; KPMG; Merrill Lynch; Mograbi Real Estate, Israel; Rivers State Ministry of Finance, Nigeria; Telenor, Pakistan.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.