Postgraduate Diploma in
Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work
Online United Kingdom
Full time, Part time
GBP 8,260 *
Earliest start date
07 Oct 2023
* total cost
This is a professional social work qualification, combining academic and practice-based learning. It will enable you to apply for registration as a qualified social worker with the relevant regulatory body for your nation. The subject matter is interdisciplinary, derived from psychology, sociology, social policy, law and social work studies. You may claim the diploma as a discrete qualification, or as an embedded award within the MA in Social Work.
Key features of the course
- Approved as a social work qualifying award in England by Social Work England (SWE) and in Scotland by the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC)
- Includes two substantive work-based practise placements supervised by a practice educator
- Equips you to engage in critical and reflective professional practice, according to the Standards for Social Work Education and Codes of Practice and Conduct for the nation in which you train
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Cognitive skills
- Practical and professional skills
- Key skills
To gain this qualification you require:
120 credits from the following compulsory modules which must be studied in the order listed below.
You’ll be required to attend compulsory practice skills workshops on these modules.
- Developing social work practice (K832)
- Advancing social work practice (K833)
You should note that the University’s unique study rule applies to this qualification. This means that you must include at least 60 credits from OU modules that have not been counted in any other OU qualification that has previously been awarded to you.