Postgraduate Certificate in
Postgraduate Certificate in Childhood and Youth Studies
Online United Kingdom
Full time, Part time
GBP 2,520 *
Earliest start date
07 Oct 2023
* total cost
This certificate will be attractive to anyone with a personal or professional interest in exploring different aspects of children and young people’s worlds and who wish to develop critical analysis skills. It is relevant for graduates working with children or young people who wish to advance academically and professionally or those with a background in childhood and youth studies; youth work; youth justice; sociology; health and social care; social work; nursing; anthropology; psychology; education and the voluntary sector including charities and NGOs. It also gives those not currently working with children and young people, the opportunity to move into the profession or move between professions.
Key features of the course
- Suitable if you already work with children and young people, or hope to move into the profession.
- Explores diverse perspectives on childhood and youth and strategies designed to promote their welfare.
- Examine the links between theory and practice, with a strong emphasis on your own context.
This certificate is the first stage of a study programme that progresses to a postgraduate diploma and finally a masters degree. You can step off at any point or study the whole programme.
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Cognitive skills
- Practical and professional skills
- Key skills
To gain this qualification, you need 60 credits as follows:
60 credits from:
- Children and young people’s worlds (E808)
You should note that the University’s unique study rule applies to this qualification. This means that you must include at least 20 credits from OU modules that have not been counted in any other OU qualification that has previously been awarded to you.