BA (Honours) in Business Management (Marketing)
Online United Kingdom
3 - 6 years
Full time, Part time
GBP 6,924 / per year *
07 Sep 2023
Earliest start date
* cost per year full-time; £3,462 - cost per year part-time
What do marketing professionals really do? How can you use marketing in non-commercial contexts for social good? What new challenges and opportunities arise on the online and global stage? In this specialist route, you'll develop an interdisciplinary perspective on the management of business organisations and build specialised knowledge and skills in marketing practice. On completion of this degree, you'll be equipped with the necessary skills to apply marketing techniques and concepts in the workplace, along with having acquired a wide range of management skills.
Key features of the course
- Develops your ability to apply and evaluate marketing theories and techniques
- Explores and analyses the interdisciplinary nature of business management, and the role of marketing management and management professionals in organisations and society
- Helps you relate your studies to your own experience
- Equips you for a wide range of employment opportunities across all sectors
We make all our qualifications as accessible as possible and have a comprehensive range of services to support all our students. The BA (Honours) Business Management uses a variety of study materials and has the following elements:
- studying a mixture of printed and online material – online learning resources may include websites, audio/video media clips, and interactive activities such as online quizzes
- using mathematical and scientific expressions, notation and assorted techniques
- working in a group with other students
- using and producing diagrams or screenshots
- undertaking practical work
- finding external/third party material online
- using specialist software.
This qualification develops your learning in four main areas:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Cognitive skills
- Practical and professional skills
- Key skills
The level and depth of your learning gradually increase as you work through the qualification. You’ll be supported throughout by the OU’s unique style of teaching and assessment – which includes a personal tutor to guide and comment on your work; top quality course texts; e-learning resources like podcasts, interactive media and online materials; tutorial groups and community forums.
This degree has three stages, each comprising 120 credits.
- You’ll start Stage 1 with a 60-credit introductory business and management module.
- Thereafter, for your remaining 300 credits, you'll combine the study of business and management with marketing.