BA (Honours) in Business Management and German
Online United Kingdom
3 - 6 years
Full time, Part time
GBP 6,924 / per year *
07 Sep 2023
Earliest start date
* cost per year full-time; £3,462 - cost per year part-time
This degree allows you to combine business management with German. You’ll divide your study equally between both subjects. You’ll explore how businesses develop strategies, handle risk and take decisions. You’ll see what’s involved in functions such as marketing, accounting and finance. Combining this with the study of German opens doors to German-speaking cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace.
Key features of the course
- Develops your understanding of business organisations and their key elements.
- Explores wider considerations such as environments, markets and processes, and how these work together.
- Develops you into a proficient user of German, reaching level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Develops advanced knowledge of cultures that use German, and intercultural communication competence.
- Offers the option of a week in Germany (or online alternative).
We make all our qualifications as accessible as possible and have a comprehensive range of services to support all our students. The BA (Honours) Business Management and Languages uses a variety of study materials and may have the following elements:
- Studying a mixture of printed and online material – online learning resources may include websites, audio/video media clips, and interactive activities such as online quizzes.
- Using mathematical and scientific expressions, notation and assorted techniques.
- Working in a group with other students.
- Using and producing diagrams or screenshots.
- Undertaking practical work.
- Finding external/third party material online.
- Using specialist software, for example, Adobe Connect.
- continuous and end-of-module assessment in the form of online quizzes, recorded presentations, essays, short answer questions, and in some cases an examination.
- Using feedback: continuous assessment involves receiving detailed feedback on your work from your tutor and using this feedback to improve your performance.
- Some modules may require you to attend a residential school or an online alternative.
This qualification develops your learning in four main areas:
- Knowledge and understanding.
- Cognitive skills.
- Practical and professional skills.
- Key skills.
The level and depth of your learning gradually increase as you work through the qualification. You’ll be supported throughout by the OU’s unique style of teaching and assessment – which includes a personal tutor to guide and comment on your work; top quality course texts; e-learning resources like podcasts, interactive media and online materials; tutorial groups and community forums.
This degree has three stages, each comprising 120 credits:
- In Stage 1, you’ll study a 60-credit introductory business management module and two 30-credit language modules.
- Next, in Stage 2, you’ll study your second 60-credit business management module and a 60-credit German module.
- Finally, in Stage 3, you’ll study your last 60-credit business management module and another 60-credit German module.