Level 3 Foundation Diploma in IT
Online Business School
Coventry, United Kingdom
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
Businesses require IT to remain competitive and provide the best products and services to their customers. As more and more businesses discover ways to use technology to their benefit, demand for trained, specialised IT professionals grows. Do you want to start your career in IT? The Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Information Technology is a 60 credit qualification (equivalent to one A-Level). The objective of the course is to equip learners with the skills and knowledge required to work in the IT sector or progress to further study.
This qualification is designed to ensure that each learner has an opportunity to build sector knowledge and learn current skills and practices in computer systems, networks, coding, website development, mobile communications, cyber security and social media for business.
The Level 3 course is made up of 6 modules and 6 written assignments. Each module consists of 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours worth of optional materials that comprise recommended exercises, recommended readings, Internet resources, and self-testing exercises.
The fee for enrolling on the Level 3 course is £1800.
Students can make payment using one of the following methods:
- Credit or debit card
- Bank transfer
- Interest-free monthly instalments
- Western Union
What is included in the cost of my course?
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Personal tutor support with 1-2-1 Zoom sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online social learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE TOTUM student discount card
- FREE laptop
- FREE access to our Hubs
On completion of this course, students will have the opportunity to apply for admission onto a full BA degree programme from a range of UK universities. Alternatively, students can opt to study one of our Level 4/5 IT programmes and then go on to complete a BA top-up at a range of UK universities.
Examples of University Progression
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Derby
- University of Lincoln
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
The level 3 course is made up of 6 modules and 6 written assignments. Each module consists of 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours worth of optional materials that comprise recommended exercises, recommended readings, Internet resources, and self-testing exercises.
Am I eligible for this programme?
This course is most suited to individuals who are at least 16 years old, have a high school education and wish to progress onto a degree at university, or the Undergraduate Level 4/5 Diploma in Management with Online Business School.
Level 3 module listing
- Understand the purpose of computer systems.
- Understand the purpose of computer system components.
- Be able to configure computer systems.
Coding and Website Development
- Understand the purpose and types of coding.
- Understand web architecture and components.
- Be able to create interactive websites.
- Understand networking principles.
- Understand how network hardware and software components are connected.
- Understand the usage and security concerns related to networking.
- Understand the uses and features of mobile communication devices.
- Understand the communication technologies used in mobile devices.
- Understand the implications of mobile communications technology.
- Understand cyber security.
- Understand core terminology and key aspects of cyber security.
- Understand cyber threat intelligence.
Social Media for Business
- Understand the importance of using social media in a business environment.
- Understand the need for social media content planning and publishing in a business environment.
- Be able to develop a policy and a plan to use social media in a business environment.
The Level 3 Foundation Diploma in IT has 6 modules and 6 written assignments. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 5,000-8,000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
The assignment unit titles that students need to complete for the Level 3 course are:
- Computer Systems
- Coding and Website Development
- Mobile Communication
- Cyber Security
- Social Media for Business