Leading Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Online Short Course
Northwestern Kellogg School of Management
Earliest start date
Demonstrate the value of diversity, equity, and inclusion in your organization in order to turn dialogue into action and lead transformative change.
An Online Education That Sets You Apart
This Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences online short course is delivered in collaboration with online education provider GetSmarter. Join a growing community of global professionals, and benefit from the opportunity to:
- Gain verifiable and relevant competencies and earn invaluable recognition from an international selection of universities, entirely online and in your own time.
- Enjoy a personalized, people-mediated online learning experience created to make you feel supported at every step.
- Experience a flexible but structured approach to online education as you plan your learning around your life to meet weekly milestones.
Visit the course page to find out more about upcoming session dates, program price, and more:
This Program Is for You If:
- You’re a working professional interested in fostering inclusivity in your organization.
- You’re a people manager or supervisor looking to build and lead more diverse teams.
- You’re a senior manager planning to diversify your workforce and make DEI a strategic business priority.
You’ll Walk Away With:
- Key insights and tools to effectively create safe spaces and foster constructive dialogue around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Essential skills and tools to develop and communicate an effective DEI business case within your organization.
- Enhanced leadership abilities and a clear communication strategy for DEI to help diverse teams meet objectives with cohesion.
- Metrics for monitoring, evaluating, and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in your own business context.
Over the duration of this course, you’ll work through the following modules:
- Module 1: The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Landscape
Discover how leadership can advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Module 2: Dynamics of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Organizational Settings
Recognize the importance of understanding the root causes of workplace inequalities in order to pursue change.
- Module 3: Opportunities and Challenges of Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Delve into the business and corporate social responsibility case, and its associated challenges, for promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Module 4: Managing and Leading Transformative Change
Learn about the role of servant and courageous leadership when managing change in an organization.
- Module 5: Communication Strategies for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Learn how to leverage nonviolent communication principles and crisis management strategies.
- Module 6: Developing Metrics for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Investigate the diversity, equity, and inclusion climate of an organization to promote change.