Graduate Certificate in
Graduate Certificate in Youth Program Management & Evaluation
North Dakota State University - Graduate School
USD 600 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* cost per credit hour
We offer two 13-credit hour graduate certificates in:
- Youth Development
- Youth Program Management and Evaluation
A graduate certificate can complement a master’s degree in a related field such as education, social work, or other human services, or provide working professionals with additional skills needed to advance their career.
Can I be successful in an online program?
Yes, you can, and the youth development faculty and staff are here to help! You will have an academic advisor at your home university, with technical support from a campus coordinator. The faculty instructors in the youth development program work collaboratively across the seven partner universities, providing you access to a lot of knowledge and experiences, and ensuring success every step of the way.
In this program, you will
- Use the Positive Youth Development approach in all interactions with youth to promote supportive relationships, youth engagement, and youth leadership.
- Understand developmental processes and contexts that influence youth.
- Apply research, theory, and evidence-based practice to support positive outcomes for youth.
- Promote inclusivity in practice with youth.
- Develop, manage, evaluate, and sustain Positive Youth Development programs (e.g., funding proposals, program design, policy/advocacy efforts, etc).
How will this program advance my career?
When youth professionals take part in higher education and ongoing learning, research shows that youth program quality improves. You will learn to use more effective practices and feel more confident about your work, all of which will benefit youth.