Master of Legal Studies Mind Development Academy
The Master of Legal Studies (MA) program objective is to help students apply select business and legal practices and theories in order to establish and maintain legal compliance while achieving the desired business goals. The Master of Legal Studies program is offered online via distance learning. After evaluating both academic record and life experience, AIU staff working in conjunction with Faculty and Academic Advisors will assist students in setting up a custom-made program, designed on an individual basis. This flexibility to meet student needs is seldom found in other distance learning programs. Our online program does not require all students to take the same subjects/courses, use the same books, or learning materials. Instead, the online Master of Legal Studies curriculum is designed individually by the student and academic advisor.
It specifically addresses strengths and weaknesses with respect to market opportunities in the student’s major and intended field of work. Understanding that industry and geographic factors should influence the content of the curriculum instead of a standardized one-fits-all design is the hallmark of AIU’s unique approach to adult education. This philosophy addresses the dynamic and constantly changing environment of working professionals by helping adult students in reaching their professional and personal goals within the scope of the degree program.
For South African citizens interested in our offers: Please note that our partner university AIU and it's programs are fully accredited by ASIC the UK Government body for accreditation of foreign Universities, however AIU is not yet recognised by SAQA within South Africa.
Important: Below is an example of the topics or areas you may develop and work on during your studies. By no means is it a complete or required list as AIU programs do not follow a standardized curriculum. It is meant solely as a reference point and example.
Core Courses and Topics in Legal Studies:
- Human Resource Management in the 21st Century
- Marketing and Sales
- Business Fundamentals
- Ethics and Advocacy in Organizations
- Managing Data and Information
- Strategy and Business Development
- Law and the Legal System
- Researching the Law
- Law and Society
- Administrative Legal Process
- The Legislative Process
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Family Law
- Media and the Law
- Employment Law
- Commerce Law
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Communication & Investigation (Comprehensive Resume)
- Organization Theory (Portfolio)
- Experiential Learning (Autobiography)
- Academic Evaluation (Questionnaire)
- Fundament of Knowledge (Integration Chart)
- Fundamental Principles I (Philosophy of Education)
- Professional Evaluation (Self Evaluation Matrix)
- Development of Graduate Study (Guarantee of an Academic Degree)
Research Project in Legal Studies:
- Masters Thesis Project
- MBM300 Thesis Proposal
- MBM302 Master Thesis (7,500 words)
Publication: Each Master of Legal Studies graduate is encouraged to publish their research papers either online in the public domain or through professional journals and periodicals worldwide.