Master of Science in Cyber Risk Management (Online) Mercyhurst University
Master of Science in Cyber Risk Management (Online)
Minimizing cyber threats, maximizing security
The rapid growth of online environments and global networks of interconnected devices (Internet of Things) leaves governments, businesses, and organizations exposed to new types of cybersecurity risks. As costs of global cybercrimes continue to skyrocket, the demand for professionals skilled at assessing and managing cyber risk is growing rapidly as well.
Mercyhurst’s online Cyber Risk Management integrates traditional elements of risk management with cutting-edge science in big data and cybersecurity, providing you with the skills to assess and mitigate cyber risks and protect intellectual property. Coursework highlights the technical, legal, and business aspects of cyber risk management, with special emphasis on monetizing cyber risk through insurance.
Our grads will be leaders in an emerging field, well-positioned for careers as cybersecurity managers with small and large enterprises, as well as in the insurance industry.
- A full-time student will complete this 36-credit program in two years.
- Cyber Risk Management students will never take more than one class at a time, making this program ideal for working professionals.
- Whereas most risk management programs focus on financial risk, this program addresses the insurance side as it relates to cyber risk and intellectual property on computer systems, which tend not to be insured or protected well.
- Cyber Risk Management is a joint offering from Mercyhurst's Walker College of Business and Ridge College of Intelligence Studies and Applied Sciences.
- The Capstone represents an opportunity for an integrative, intensive experience, during which students will synthesize and apply concepts from the program's coursework to an applied project.
The Ridge Advantage
Mercyhurst University pioneered the field of intelligence studies in the mid-1990s and is home to the largest and oldest academic intelligence enterprise in the United States. Founded in 1996, the Ridge College of Intelligence Studies and Applied Sciences has earned a reputation throughout the world for the quality and cutting-edge skills of its graduates. Mercyhurst intel alumni work in all 17 federal intelligence agencies and dozens of Fortune 500 companies, working to assist corporate and government leaders and decision-makers around the globe.
As new threats and technologies have emerged, Mercyhurst has invested heavily in both data science and cybersecurity, developing new online master’s programs in Cyber Risk Management and Cyber Security. Drawing on the diverse learning resources and experienced faculty of the Ridge College, these programs harness our national security bona fides to offer unparalleled instruction in some of today’s most dynamic fields.
“The construction of new cyber training facilities ensure Mercyhurst remains the vanguard of the field.”—Tom Ridge
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.