Bachelor in Business Administration - Sport Management
Dobbs Ferry, USA
Distance Learning, On-Campus
USD 18,934 / per year *
Earliest start date
* for the 2019-2020 academic year
The sports industry has experienced dynamic growth and is currently recognized as a business enterprise with a magnitude of 220 billion dollars. According to Sports Business Journal, sports enterprise revenue is larger than the combined revenues of the country's auto and movie industries. The goal of the Mercy College Sports Management Specialization is to use the vast and popular business of sport as a tool to inspire academic excellence and career development.
The required internship (and optional second internship) will offer field experience in addition to employment opportunities.
Business Administration: Sports Management Fast Facts
- Hands-on sports management, marketing, and operations experience.
- Real-live sports management projects.
- Campus Sports Operations.
- Local Sports Broadcasting.
- Guest speakers from Major Leagues.
- Opportunity to join Mercy's "Team Blue" sports management organization.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Evaluate the effects of globalization on the business environment.
- Recognize and evaluate ethical issues in business.
- Utilize business concepts, methods, procedures, and management information systems to facilitate strategic planning and decision making.
- Use oral, written, and presentation skills to communicate effectively in the professional business environment.
- Function effectively as team members and, where appropriate, as team leaders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental principles and key concepts in sport management.
- Assess the legal, economic, and social aspects of a sports management decision.
Students who choose the major concentration in Business Administration with a specialization in Sports Management must complete:
Business Administration Core
- ACCT 120 Intro to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 121 Intro to Management Accounting
- FINC 235 Financial Management
- INBU 250 International Business
- BLAW 240 Business Law I
- MGMT 225 Principles of Management
- MGMT 255 Information Systems for Management or ACCT 261 Computer Application for Accountants
- MGMT 340 Organizational Behavior or ENTR 250 Social Entrepreneurship
- MKTG 220 Principles of Marketing
Select four of the following six courses
- SPMG 300 Foundations Sport Management
- SPMG 330 Sport Marketing
- SPMG 336 Sport Law
- SPMG 430 Sports Facility & Event Mgmt
- SPMG 432 Sport Finance & Administration
- SPMG 434 Sport & Society
- SPMG 450 Application Result Analysis Sport Management
- MGMT 460 Strategic Management
Any five courses
* There is a 15-credit residency requirement in the specialization, which must be satisfied by Business Administration courses numbered 295 or above.
• Students who do not have full-time jobs should try to use their open electives for an internship.
Sport Management graduates will be prepared to succeed in a variety of areas, including sports facility management, sports event management, high school, and college athletics, as well as professional and amateur sports leagues and organizations.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.