Bachelor in Business Administration - International Business
Dobbs Ferry, USA
Distance Learning, On-Campus
USD 18,934 / per year *
Earliest start date
* for the 2019-2020 academic year
With globalization, businesses all over are being forced to rethink their competitive strategies. Our bachelor's degree in International Business prepares you to do business globally. You'll be perfectly positioned for the ever-expanding business world.
You'll learn from a highly esteemed faculty comprised of business leaders with years of international experience. You will travel to business capitals around the world, like London, Hong Kong, and New York. If you want to compete in today's dynamic and hyper-competitive marketplace, a bachelor's degree in International Business is invaluable.
Business Administration: International Business Fast Facts
- Center for International - Travel to businesses abroad
- Global business trips to Europe, Asia, and the Middle East
- Executive faculty with real-world experience
- Affordable tuition & scholarships available
- 30 minutes from Manhattan by train, bus or car
- Manhattan campus in Herald Square
- Fortune 500 network
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Evaluate the effects of globalization on the business environment.
- Recognize and evaluate ethical issues in business.
- Utilize business concepts, methods, procedures, and management information systems to facilitate strategic planning and decision making.
- Use oral, written, and presentation skills to communicate effectively in the professional business environment.
- Function effectively as team members and, where appropriate, as team leaders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental principles and key concepts in international business.
- Assess the legal, economic, and social aspects of an international business decision.
Students who choose the major concentration in Business Administration with a specialization in International Business must complete:
Business Administration Core
- ACCT 120 Intro to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 121 Intro to Management Accounting
- FINC 235 Financial Management
- INBU 250 International Business
- BLAW 240 Business Law I
- MGMT 225 Principles of Management
- MGMT 255 Info Systems for Mgmnt or ACCT 261 Computer Application for Accountants
- MGMT 340 Organizational Behavior or ENTR 250 Social Entrepreneurship
- MKTG 220 Principles of Marketing
Students must take all of the below:
- POLS 370 International Relations
- INBU 375 International Marketing
- INBU 444 International Management
- INBU 447 International Finance
- INBU 450 Applied Res Analysis-Int'l Bus (mandatory for specialization)
- MGMT 460 Strategic Management (senior-level capstone course - mandatory)
Any five courses.
*There is a 15-credit residency requirement in the specialization, which must be satisfied by Business Administration courses numbered 295 or above.
* Students who do not have full-time jobs should try to use their open electives for an internship.
International business graduates may seek positions such as translators, foreign currency investment advisor and foreign sales representatives.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.