Online Course: Business English
Manchester, United Kingdom
GBP 95 / per course *
Earliest start date
* 9 hours per week from £95
Study Business English at MC Academy. Our Business English course is designed to provide students with the practical skills and communication level required to succeed in an English-speaking, international business environment.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for students who can actively use the majority of grammatical structures in English and who can demonstrate their accuracy and fluency in the skills of reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
Students at this level are also able to identify and produce texts of varying purposes and are aware of, for example, style, register, and genre. Students are likely to be those with a professional interest in business or those who are currently students of business and/or management.
Aims of the Course
The Business English course at MC Academy prepares students for working internationally in various business fields by:
- Teaching learners how to use English in business environments.
- Studying a variety of business-related topics such as arranging meetings, job descriptions, staff motivation, recruitment, letter writing, e-business, and business ethics.
- Developing key language skills and cross-cultural communication skills through business-orientated tasks.
- Stimulating creative thinking and analysis by dealing with real-life work situations.
- Course Start: Every Monday
- Level: Intermediate-Advanced
- Time-Slot: Morning + Afternoon classes available
- Class Size: Class numbers are restricted to 12 students, but at peak times this may increase to 14
- Minimum Age: 16 years old
The course is made available according to demand. The delivery and duration of the course is flexible and can be adapted to the requirements of students. An initial General English course before commencement of the Business English course may be necessary for students who do not have an Intermediate-level of proficiency in English.
Bespoke courses are also available, providing flexible packages of varying duration. MC Academy offers courses with optional modules to address specific needs. For example, in addition to the basic package of General English and Business English, or Business English only, students may elect specialist modules such as Business Administration, Stock Control, Marketing, or English for Legal Purposes.