Online MBA in Healthcare Management
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Full time, Part time
USD 19,080 / per year **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* applications are reviewed on a rolling basis; applicants are encouraged to apply early, as space is limited
** $19,080 to $25,440 depending on whether or not your bachelor degree was in business
In the healthcare field, there are limitless possibilities for leaders who can combine critical thinking and practical approaches with a focus on innovation. Make your own impact on the future of healthcare through the MBA in Healthcare Management program at MCPHS.
Designed for those interested in pursuing leadership opportunities in a variety of healthcare-related sectors, including payer and provider organizations, non-profits, and biotechnology and biomedical device organizations, the MBA in Healthcare Management empowers the next generation of business leaders.
Shape the industry through expert instruction and hands-on experiences in the business-related aspects of healthcare, including capital finance and accounting, operations management, value chain, and revenue cycle considerations.
Meet the complex challenges of an evolving environment by gaining the skills and hands-on experiences you will need to successfully serve diverse stakeholders and make informed decisions through careful consideration of policy, practice, and consideration population-driven outcomes.
- Health Systems: Policy and Management
- Organizational Dynamics
- Value-based Healthcare
- Managing Teams, Performance, and Human Capital
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Value Chain Management*
- Operations and Supply Chain Management*
- Applied Business Law and Ethical Practice
- Informatics and Data Analysis
- Managing Crisis, Conflict, and Change
- Leadership in Healthcare Administration
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MBA Capstone
*These courses are interchangeable. Students may choose either of these courses to fulfill their curriculum requirements.
Additional courses for non-business majors
(Waived for undergraduate business students with proper undergraduate business courses)*
- Intro to Healthcare Business Management for Non-Majors
- Business Statistics
- Finance and Accounting for Healthcare Organizations
- Healthcare Economics
*For previous undergraduate business courses to be applied as a waiver, they must have been completed at regionally accredited colleges and universities, and have a grade of B or better. No P/F courses will be accepted.
Graduates of the MBA in Healthcare Management will be able to:
- Develop and demonstrate practical approaches to population-level health that include innovation, technology, and entrepreneurial values;
- Demonstrate ethical decision-making that is informed by critical thinking and evidence-based approaches;
- Apply analytical skills in the evaluation and dissemination of solutions to core challenges in the delivery of healthcare including value, revenue, and health outcomes;
- Demonstrate strategy in aligning and balancing the competing priorities of the health system stakeholders;
- Communicate and disseminate critical information to multiple audiences.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.