Bachelor of Business Administration Loyola University
Business majors graduate with skills that can be easily translated into any industry and any workplace, which is why they are consistently among the most employed and in-demand college graduates, and often have higher-than-average starting salaries. With an online bachelor of business administration degree from Loyola University New Orleans, you can start on the path to a successful career, while benefiting from the convenience of online education and the prestige of a Loyola degree.
Flexible online courses taught by experts.
Loyola’s online BBA in management provides broad coverage of all of the essential functional areas of business. All business students complete a core curriculum that explores topics in economics, marketing, finance, and accounting, as well as enroll in both general and major-specific electives. The online business degree program also includes an internship component to give you valuable, real-world experience and to build up your professional network. If you’re already working full-time, your internship can be completed in your current position if acceptable to your employer.
Management has the broadest scope of all business disciplines, which translates into career flexibility. You’ll learn how to formulate a strategic vision for a company by looking first at the big picture, then organizing and directing resources to make that vision a reality. In addition to the Business Core courses, students in the online BBA in Management program take specific electives designed to teach strategic planning, interpersonal negotiation, problem-solving, and resource management skills. With a business administration degree in management, you’ll gain experience in areas such as accounting, finance, and marketing, preparing you to become a successful business leader and entrepreneur in any industry or organizational setting.
Loyola's online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree consists of 120 credit hours, which includes:
- 48 hours of Business Core courses – including the 3-credit hour internship
- 24 hours of Major courses (management electives)
- 39 hours of Loyola Core courses
- 9 hours of general elective (non-business) courses
- Business Portfolio Program: 4 semesters, 0 credits
Business Portfolio Program
This is a comprehensive professional career development program required of all Loyola College of Business students. The Portfolio Program consists of 4 non-credit sequential courses that engage students in the development of professional skills designed to help students successfully transition from college to careers. Course concepts include career exploration, building a personal brand, resume and cover letter writing, interviewing, networking, internship preparation and search, and job search. Each session will last 8 weeks. Students must enroll one time for each 30 credit hours accrued. A $150 fee will be assessed for each of the courses.
Business Core Courses (48 credits)
- BA B100: AI & the Future of Business (3 credits)
- BA B101: Compelling Business Communications (3 credits)
- LGST B105: Law and Business
- MKT B100: Marketing & Consumer Insights
- ECON B200: Microeconomics
- ECON B201: Macroeconomics
- ACCT B202: Financial Accounting
- ACCT B203: Managerial Accounting
- BUAN B205: Business Analytics
- MGT B245: Managing People & Organizations
- MGT B250: Managing Information & Cybersecurity
- FIN B280: Financial Management
- MGT B325: Operations & Supply Chain Management
- BA B415: Business Ethics
- BA B445: Strategic Management
- BA B497: Business Internship
*Students can do a special project with their supervisor or someone in their company to fulfill the BBA internship requirement. Projects will be approved on a case-by-case basis by the College of Business Portfolio Career Development Office.
Management Major Courses (24 credits)
Online BBA students have the opportunity to specialize in their business administration degree by taking major courses in high-demand areas that align with their interests and career goals.
- MGT B300 Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- MGT B310 Human Resource Management (3 credits)
- MGT B315 International Management (3 credits)
- MGT B375 Contemporary Managerial Decision Making (3 credits)
- Two advanced management electives (6 credits)
- Two advanced business electives (6 credits)
Loyola Core Courses (39 credits):
The goal of the Loyola Core is to foster students’ competency in five key areas:
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Communication
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Information Literacy
- Ethical Reasoning
To help students develop these competencies, the Loyola Core embraces an interdisciplinary approach to learning with an emphasis on the spiritual and intellectual, the moral and ethical, the natural and social scientific, the humanistic, and the artistic.
Foundation courses should be taken in your first three online sessions at Loyola and include:
- First-Year Seminar
- English – Critical Reading & Writing
- Math Models or Finite Math
- Science Process – Investigating Nature
- Knowledge and Values Courses:
Students complete courses in the following 9 categories:
- Creative Arts & Cultures
- History Sequence (2 courses for 6 total credit hours)
- Natural Science in Context
- Philosophy I: Introduction to the Philosophy of Reasoning
- Philosophy II: Philosophy of Knowledge & Morality
- Religious Studies I: Christian Traditions
- Religious Studies II: World Religions
- Writing About Literature
General Elective Courses (9 credits)
The online BBA program requires 9 credits of general electives. These three courses must be taken in non-business areas, and there is a wide range of online elective courses to choose from in other departments.
Program Tuition Fee
What can you do with a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree?
Discover your full potential.
Loyola’s 100% online bachelor of business administration degree will prepare you for advanced studies (such as in Loyola’s online MBA) or to enter the workforce in a wide range of careers. Potential careers include:
- Project Manager
- Account Executive
- Program Director
- Sales Manager