Associate Degree in
Associate of Science in Business
USD 450 / per credit
Earliest start date
Foundational business skills—available online, from anywhere.
The associate of science in business at Loyola University New Orleans is a 60-credit degree program available entirely online. Students gain foundational business knowledge, combined with rigorous liberal arts courses for a well-rounded education. In just two years, students prepare for entry-level roles in a wide range of business applications. The stackable associate program can also be applied toward a future bachelor’s degree at Loyola.
The associate of science in business degree is a 60-semester credit hour, online academic program. Students will complete Loyola Core requirements and business discipline requirements. Completion of this academic program requires a 2.0 GPA in the business curriculum and a 2.0 GPA in the Loyola cumulative curriculum. All major courses must be completed in the department unless an exception is allowed by the department chair. No more than 30 credit hours of transfer credit can be applied to this program, and at least 50% of the business discipline coursework must be completed at Loyola.
Loyola’s online associate of science in the business program requires 60 credit hours for completion.
- Loyola Core: 36 credit hours
- Business discipline: 24 credit hours
Students complete 24 credit hours of required coursework in the business discipline:
- BA B100 IA and the Future of Business
- BA B101 Compelling Business Communication
- ACCT B202 Financial Accounting
- ECON B200 Microeconomics
- ECON B201 Macroeconomics
- MGT B245 Managing People and Organizations
- MKT B230 Marketing and Consumer Insights
- Business Elective (3 credits)
Students complete a modified scope of the Loyola Core with 36 credit hours in Loyola Core requirement areas.
- The Mathematics requirement is satisfied with MATH A115 Finite Math.
- The Social Science requirement is satisfied within the major.
- The Natural Science in Context is not required for the associate’s program.
- You’ll explore introductory business concepts in finance, economics, management, and marketing.
- Our online business program can be completed from anywhere in the world, on the schedule that works for you.
- An associate degree in business provides foundational skills that are relevant to many different career paths and industries.
Program Tuition Fee
What can you do with an associate of science degree in business?
With an associate’s degree in business from Loyola, you gain a built-in professional network and the lifetime career support available to all graduates. Graduates may choose to apply the credit earned from the associate program toward a future bachelor’s degree. Students who earn an associate degree in business will also prepare for entry-level roles in customer service, sales, and retail, as well as supervisory positions and many other office roles.