Bachelor of Design
London School of Design and Marketing (ES)
London, United Kingdom
Spanish, English, Portuguese
GBP 10,350 *
Earliest start date
* £3,450.00 per level (3 levels) - registration: £180
We are a provider of online educational programs with offices in the United Kingdom. Our programs are taught in 3 languages for everyone.
Why a Degree in Design?
Design has never been so important. It is part of our daily life because we can find it in all the products we use, the sites we consult or the applications that we install on our smartphones.
The Degree in Design at the London School of Design and Marketing will help you create a career in the creative world and can be the necessary stimulus to reach new goals, free your creative side and create powerful projects that inspire and motivate people. Our Degree in Design is based on three fundamental points:
- Knowledge: a contemporary and extensive understanding of concepts, tools, history and design methods in general, as well as the connections between the main areas of activity;
- Capacities: ability to create, plan, implement and manage projects successfully with the acquired knowledge;
- Attitude: develop personal characteristics, such as flexibility, empathy, realism and entrepreneurship.
The LSDM Degree in Design is exclusively online and is available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Our teaching staff is composed of qualified, reputed and experienced teachers. Besides the academic level of Doctorate, they present consolidated professional careers, interconnecting the academic component to the labor market.
LSDM students are accompanied weekly through a Tutor Center composed of a team of tutors specialized in Design, with Masters and several years of proven experience. Our Tutor Center is also available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Our Degree in Design is 100% online, created to learn in accordance with the availability of our students and without a fixed schedule. In other words, LSDM students can define when or where they can access our content and perform evaluation tasks. Only final assignments and specific presentations will be scheduled on a fixed schedule, which will be communicated in due course to LSDM students.
In about 30 months, LSDM students will have completed our Degree in Design accredited by the University for the Creative Arts (UCA), one of the best specialty universities in the UK.
Teaching and learning methods adopted in this course:
- Taught in Spanish, English and Portuguese;
- Course consisting of 3 levels with a total of 26 curricular units;
- The contents of the units are asynchronous and are organized by weekly themes;
- You can access the contents whenever and wherever you want;
- Our Tutor Center acts as a support and interaction tool for our students;
- Online resources (such as lectures, seminars and discussions, tutorials and feedback sessions, forums, online discussion groups, and practical exercises).
Our Degree in Design has been created for those who want to acquire new skills, knowledge and find new solutions when developing new propositions for global Design issues. Our study plan has been defined based on a strategic decision through a multidisciplinary attitude in global markets.
Our Degree in Design prepares professionals for various areas of Design, offering an advanced and broad higher education, coordinated and supported by the most recent developments in the scientific and technological fields. The study plan for the LSDM Degree in Design has been developed and divided into three different stages:
The first stage, which corresponds to the first year of our course, seeks to prepare LSDM students for various areas of Design through a contemporary and extensive understanding of design concepts, tools, history and methods in general. It also seeks to understand the connections between the main areas of activity (such as communication, interaction and product design) through the development of an overview of the topics associated with the design mission, its interaction with markets and its role in society.
The second stage, which corresponds to the second year of our course, seeks to instill solid capacities for the development and implementation of projects. Those capabilities are structured around the main areas of communication concept, interactive design, and product design. Students will be able to:
- Identify and analyze: analyze the environment in which problem solving occurs, think creatively, identify the conditions and goals associated with problem solving, and identify the necessary resources and capabilities;
- Make choices: make decisions, understand the uncertainties and associated risks, anticipate future implications of decisions and develop argumentative capacity;
- Integrate: processes and diversity of interest simultaneously with increased flexibility and innovation;
- Implement: planning and organization, creation of suitable environments, implementation and control, development of creative capacities in the stages of conception and execution of projects.
The third stage, which corresponds to the third year of our course, seeks to consolidate the knowledge acquired in the previous units of the course and progress with confidence, realism and entrepreneurship. At this stage, LSDM students will develop their final course project through these tasks:
- Flexibility: manage to deal with various design projects and adjust to changing circumstances as a professional with multiple abilities and willing to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- Empathy: getting to understand different points of view and discuss them;
- Realism: make a quick assessment of your capabilities and performance capabilities at any time, depending on your own competence and performance;
- Entrepreneurship: ability to create, develop and sell an idea, visual work, product or service.
Our Degree in Design is intended for students, professionals, artists or independent workers with ambition or a consolidated career in advertising (art directors, producers or designers), visual design, communication design, graphic design and interactive design (designers, producers, team leaders, art directors or creative directors). Students of our Degree in Design will have the opportunity to work in visual agencies (advertising, design) or product design companies, communication design, interactive design, among others.