MSc Facilities Management (DL)
Leeds Beckett University
UK Online, United Kingdom
GBP 833 / per credit **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* apply as early as possible
** £833.40 for each 20 credit point module.
Recognised by the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM), this course will develop your management skills so you can ensure the functionality, safety and efficiency of your work environment by integrating people, place, process and technology.
Why study Facilities Management at Leeds Beckett University
- Industry experienced expert teaching team
- Chartered Association of Building Engineers accredited course
- Flexible part-time distance study through our Virtual Learning Environment
- Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management recognised course
As part of your course, you'll:
- Demonstrate skills in effective service provision and monitoring
- Gain an understanding of business strategy, cost control, people management and property-related issues
- Focus on maintaining your organisation’s core business activities and meeting legislative requirements
- Develop your knowledge of health and safety, risk management and business continuity
- Identify and evaluate appropriate decision-making strategies
- Develop research capability and cognitive skills, enabling you to analyse and resolve problems in your profession
- Evaluate complex issues associated with physical, technical, legal, economic and environmental factors affecting building and space performance
A number of assignments will involve practical work and case studies. These will provide opportunities to address situations and issues highly relevant to your workplace which you can then apply to meet your organisation's operational needs. You’ll find you approach your work with improved confidence.
Teaching And Learning
Independent study is a crucial part of learning at university and you will be required to undertake many hours of self-directed research and reading, and preparation and writing of assessments. Your course is delivered through a number of modules, which will help you to plan your time and establish a study routine. Outside of your lectures, workshops and tutorials, a range of support is available to assist with your independent study. Our subject-specific librarians will be on hand to direct you to the specialist learning and study-skill resources. You’ll also be assigned an academic advisor to give you tailored feedback and support.
Scholarships and Funding
We are committed to ensuring that the opportunity to experience an education here at Leeds Beckett University is open to all. If you're thinking of joining us to study for your undergraduate degree, you may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary.
Bursaries are usually awarded depending on household income, whilst scholarships are available for a number of areas and are based on sporting or academic excellence.
Program Tuition Fee
This course will benefit your personal development as well as your career. As facilities managers focus on maintaining their organisations' core business activities and meeting legislative requirements, your knowledge of health and safety, risk management and business continuity will put you in a strong position for jobs in this sector.
- Facilities and Contracts Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Facilities Coordinator
- Building Manager
Beckett Careers Team
Our Beckett Careers Team will support you with all aspects of your career planning, throughout university and beyond. Whether you’re looking for a part-time job or want to gain experience alongside your studies, need help preparing an application or exploring graduate job options, we can provide expert support every step of the way!
Throughout your university journey and up to five years after you graduate you'll have access to a broad range of support and tools to help you with:
- Getting ready to apply for jobs
- Working on your CV
- Preparing for an interview
- Applying for graduate vacancies or placements
- Connecting with employers and organisations
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.