MSc in Civil Engineering
Unicaf - Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 - 5 years
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
The overall aim of the programme is to produce postgraduates who are able to develop into Chartered Engineers who are able to play a significant role as professional civil engineers. It aims to develop the skills needed by those who will take lead roles within the civil engineering profession. In particular, it aims to provide a route for a student with a B.Eng. in Civil or Structural Engineering to fulfil the learning requirements for Chartered Engineer status.
The specific aims of the programme are:
- To produce postgraduates who have a thorough understanding of civil engineering and a critical awareness of the current issues in the field, informed by the latest research.
- To encourage students to develop their conceptual understanding of civil engineering to evaluate the latest research and design methodologies, and to develop their own methodologies.
- To develop the student's awareness of the ethical issues of civil engineering and their responsibilities with regard to sustainable construction
- To offer experience in the planning and execution of an extended research project in the form of a dissertation.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop subject-specific skills, practical skills, cognitive skills and a range of high-level transferable skills
Scholarships and Funding
The Unicaf Scholarship Programme was founded to offer gifted, underprivileged students the opportunity to further their education, by earning internationally recognized qualifications, at low cost, through online study.
If you are interested in a Unicaf Scholarship you can easily submit your application online. Each scholarship application is examined and decided upon, depending on the qualifications and the financial situation of the applicant. Eligible students are awarded a percentage of the scholarship.
Join thousands of students from around the globe who have earned their degrees with the help of the Unicaf Scholarship Programme.
- Induction Module
Postgraduate Certificate Level
- Advanced Structural Design and Bridge Engineering
- Applied Finite Elements
- Energy and Carbon Management
Postgraduate Diploma Level
- Sustainable Construction and Innovation
- Research Methods
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
Postgraduate Award Level
- Research Project