Master Management in Big Data Management (MA)
IU International University of Applied Sciences – Online
12 - 24 months
Full time, Part time
EUR 2,400 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Price starts from, includes up to 67% discount on tuition fees. For a personalized offer contact the University.
Your door to the business world
In Big Data Management, you learn how to prepare data, link data from different sources, and analyze relationships. The focus is on artificial intelligence methods for data analysis as well as their applicability and evaluation in different business scenarios. Furthermore, you will critically examine solution providers as well as ethical, social, and data protection issues that are of fundamental importance for Big Data Management.
You internalise important management know-how and train your analytical skills.
- Germany’s largest University: With over 100,000 students from more than 153 countries
- Digital, Flexible, 100% online: IU offers outstanding, innovative digital learning materials and a great online environment for success in your studies wherever you are with online classes and exams 24/7.
- Fully Accredited Degree: All IU's degrees benefit from German state accreditation and are internationally recognized in major jurisdictions such as the EU, US and UK
- Study at a 5-star rated University from QS: IU is the first German university that achieved a 5-star rating for Online Learning from QS
- International Focus, Practical Orientation: 94% of their graduates have a job within six months of graduation.
- Scholarships available: Depending on your situation, motivation, and background, IU offers scholarships that can reduce your tuition fees by up to 67%.
A short overview of your study
- Degree: Master of Arts (MA)
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start of study: Anytime (no fixed start date or enrolment deadlines)
- Study duration: Different time models are available
- Study model: Online study including online exams 24/7
Free Upcoming IU Webinars and Q&A
Study with IU! Find out what it’s like to study at IU. IU's experienced study advisors will give you all the insights about the study programmes, online or on campus, study coaching and more. It’s also a great chance to ask your questions in the live Q&A
With a Master Management you bring leadership competence and comprehensive knowledge from all relevant big data disciplines to the table - and thus open up your career to a wide range of opportunities. Large and fast-growing companies are investing substantially in the implementation of data management systems and structures. As a result, qualified experts in the area have a variety of great opportunities. Below you can find some examples of what you can work as after your graduation.
Explore your options
The huge corporate demand for globally-oriented executives and IU’s excellent reputation in academia and industry gives IU graduates huge leverage for a successful career, whether in their country of origin, in Germany, or one of 25 Schengen countries covered by a post-study work permit.
The Master with a specialism in Big Data Management gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You will learn to process data, combining data from various sources, and analyze connections.
- You will learn methods of artificial intelligence for data analysis.
- You will work critically with solution providers and deal with ethical, social, and data protection issues with regards to Big Data Management.
|1st semester||2nd semester|
| || |
Accreditations, Rankings, and Memberships
IU International University of Applied Sciences has received system accreditation from EQAR, FIBAA, the German Accreditation Council, the German Council of Science and Humanities, and WES Canada. This means their courses, faculty and teaching material all match the rigorous standards that have been set for them and they can now accredit their own programmes.
Cambridge Assessment International Education / High School Diploma A-Levels
IU is the first online university partner of Cambridge International's high school diploma A-Levels. Students now have a chance to earn a high school diploma while studying for a bachelor’s degree – with no additional cost. The A-Levels is a unique 12-month course with a 150-hour workload, which you take alongside your bachelor courses. The A-Levels concludes with an exam that can be retaken an infinite number of times.
Awards and Rankings
IU is the first German university to get 99/100 on the QS Stars Report, but they also topped 6 out of 25 categories in Germany’s largest university ranking by CHE. Recently IU’s online MBA programmes ranked 26th in Europe in the prestigious QS Online MBA Rankings, an impressive achievement and recognition on the international stage.
IU is a member of the Business Graduate’s Association, Online Learning Consortium, AASCB, and UNESCO's Global Education Coalition. These memberships give them connections to other institutions, companies, and NGOs as well as top-tier degree programmes and lifelong learning development courses. By leveraging cutting-edge technology, IU helps students in need to continue their education and pursue lifelong learning.
Global Recognition and Academic Partners
As IU is recognised by WES Canada and U.S., their degrees can be converted into points according to local academic standards in the Canadian Immigration Point System and American Immigration Assessment Scheme. In April 2023, IU became the first German university to be a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), the only public authority in India that ascertains foreign institutions. This means that their on-campus programmes are recognised by employers across India and other Commonwealth Nations.
Through partnerships with academic institutions from all around the world, IU offers a more affordable way for students to study and live abroad. The IU Study Abroad Alliance lets students start a degree online at IU and complete it at a partner university in the US, Canada, Australia or Europe, where career opportunities are aplenty.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Online Scholarship Initiative: Save up to 67%!
Get your European degree from the largest universities for online studies in Germany — without sacrificing your job or family commitments!
With over 20 years of experience and over 100,000 worldwide students, IU offers scholarships from 25% up to 67%.
Distance learning at IU International University of Applied Sciences offers students the opportunity to develop on a personal and professional level and advance their careers through flexible, practice-oriented study.
You can start your education whenever you want - studies and exams are available to you 24/7.
(Be aware that IU scholarships are not available to students from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland)
Make the first step: