Bachelor in Industrial and Organizational Psychology (BSc) IU International University of Applied Sciences – Online
By combining digitalisation, artificial intelligence, and hybrid work models, we have created new and different work models. As a result, some traditional professions are disappearing, and new jobs are taking their place. Business psychologists are becoming more common, and in demand, as businesses and their employees adjust to these dramatic changes. Be it as a consultant or a talent manager, as an M.Sc. In order to make companies excel in times of change and turn challenges into growth opportunities, you'll combine economic proficiency with business psychology tools and a strong manager inclination.
- #1 University in Europe: Join Europe’s largest private university with more than 100,000 students
- Digital, Flexible, 100% online: We offer outstanding, innovative digital learning materials and a great online environment for success in your studies wherever you are with online exams 24/7.
- Fully Accredited Degree: All our degrees benefit from German state accreditation and are internationally recognized in major jurisdictions such as the EU, US and UK
- Study at a 5-star rated University from QS: IU is the first German university that achieved a 5-star rating for Online Learning from QS
- International Focus, Practical Orientation: We focus on practical training and an international outlook which gives IU graduates a decisive advantage: 94% of our graduates have a job within six months of graduation and, after an average of two years on the job, 80% move into management. Plus, we work closely with big companies such as Lufthansa, Sixt, and EY to give you great opportunities and insights.
- Scholarships available: Depending on your situation, motivation, and background, we offer scholarships that can reduce your tuition fees by up to 75%.
A short overview of your study
- Degree: Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Credits: 180 ECTS
- Start of study: Anytime (no fixed start date or enrolment deadlines)
- Study duration: Standard period of study: 36 months.
Different time models possible
- Study model: Online study including online exams 24/7
- Fees: from 94 euros per month
Free Webinar and Q&A
Webinar: Study Online with IU 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM (CEST)
New forms of work organisation, cooperation, communication, and social competence are gaining huge importance, due to digitisation and the associated changes. As a graduate of the Industrial and Organizational Psychology programme, you will be in demand as a Team Manager, Recruiting or Relationship Manager, Trainer, Personnel Developer, Organisation Designer, Consultant, Strategy Advisor or Change Manager.
You will be able to work in jobs such as:
- Personnel & Organizational Developer
- Change Management Consultant
- Recruiting Manager
The Bachelor’s programme in Industrial and Organizational Psychology puts an emphasis on theory, practical applications, and projects. During your studies, you will learn how to implement psychological findings in business practices. This will start with an introduction to psychology and business practices before diving into a range of applied psychology modules, from social psychology to personnel and intercultural psychology.
|1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester|
| || || |
|4th Semester||5th Semester||6th Semester|
| || || |
Accreditation & Rankings and Memberships
IU International University of Applied Sciences has received system accreditation from EQAR, FIBAA, the German Accreditation Council, the German Council of Science and Humanities, and WES Canada. This means their courses, faculty and teaching material all match the rigorous standards that have been set for them and they can now accredit their own programmes.
Cambridge Assessment International Education / High School Diploma Study Pathway.
IU is the first online university partner of Cambridge International's high school diploma pathway. By working with Cambridge, IU offers students a special chance to finish their high school diploma while studying for a bachelor's degree. Since they are required for your bachelor's degree, these high school diploma courses are free of charge. The Study Pathway is a unique 12 months course with a 150-hour workload which you take alongside your bachelor courses. The Pathway concludes with an exam that can be retaken an infinite number of times.
In the current CHE ranking (2020-2022), IU tops the Business Administration field in categories of "General Study Conditions," "Contact with Lecturers," "Study Programmes Offered," "Examinations," "Study Organisation," and "Practical Orientation," winning a total of six out of 25 categories and achieving more top category rankings than any of the more than 300 institutions. IU received a 5-star rating for online learning and a score of 99 out of 100 in the QS, Quacquarelli Symonds, Stars Report, making it the first German university to receive such a ranking. It was also given the FIBAA Premium Seal for Digital Excellence and has excelled in 15 out of 23 criteria, including categories like Future Orientation, Knowledge Management, Quality Assurance of Teaching, and retaining the rating for the next five years. It is the only training provider to get the DtGV's Service Award 2022 from the German Society for Consumer Studies given that it has a dedicated academic staff and trained study coaches who ensure that students are supported throughout their studies.
IU is a member of the Business Graduate’s Association, Online Learning Consortium, AASCB, and UNESCO's Global Education Coalition. These memberships give them connections to other institutions, companies, and NGOs as well as top-tier degree programmes and lifelong learning development courses. By leveraging cutting-edge technology, IU helps students in need to continue their education and pursue lifelong learning.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Online Scholarship Initiative: Save up to 75%!
Get your European degree from the largest universities for online studies in Germany — without sacrificing your job or family commitments!
With over 20 years of experience and over 100,000 worldwide students, IU offers scholarships of up to 75%.
Distance learning at IU International University of Applied Sciences offers students the opportunity to develop on a personal and professional level and advance their careers through flexible, practice-oriented study.
You can start your education whenever you want - studies and exams are available to you 24/7.
(Be aware that IU scholarships are not available to students from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland)
Make the first step: