Bachelor Business and IT (BSc)
IU International University of Applied Sciences – Online
36 - 72 months
Full time, Part time
EUR 1,485 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Price starts from, includes up to 67% discount on tuition fees. For a personalized offer contact the University.
Your degree, your way:
Business professionals who have a technical IT background are in high demand. The IU Bachelor of Business and IT will prepare you for top career roles in IT and technical companies around the world. You’ll gain fundamental technical expertise and skills in communication, management, and business processes that will make you an attractive candidate in the fast-paced and rapidly developing IT industry. Study 100% online with IU.
- Germany’s largest University: With over 100,000 students from more than 153 countries
- Digital, Flexible, 100% online: IU offers outstanding, innovative digital learning materials and a great online environment for success in your studies wherever you are with online classes and exams 24/7.
- Fully Accredited Degree: All IU's degrees benefit from German state accreditation and are internationally recognized in major jurisdictions such as the EU, US and UK
- Study at a 5-star rated University from QS: IU is the first German university that achieved a 5-star rating for Online Learning from QS
- International Focus, Practical Orientation: 94% of their graduates have a job within six months of graduation.
- Scholarships available: Depending on your situation, motivation, and background, IU offers scholarships that can reduce your tuition fees by up to 67%.
A short overview of your study
- Degree: Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Business and IT
- Credits: 180 ECTS
- Start of study: Anytime (no fixed start date or enrolment deadlines)
- Study duration: Standard period of study: 36 months.
Different time models are available
- Study model: Online study including online exams 24/7
Free Upcoming IU Webinars and Q&A
Study with IU! Find out what it’s like to study at IU. IU's experienced study advisors will give you all the insights about the study programmes, online or on campus, study coaching and more. It’s also a great chance to ask your questions in the live Q&A
As an expert in Business and IT, you can find a position that is at the interface between concept, design, implementation, and maintenance of technical topics. From start-ups to large international companies, you will ensure all IT systems run efficiently and reliably, and all information is transferred securely. You might even use your business and technical skills to start your own project as an entrepreneur.
IT Project Manager
As an IT Project Manager, you are responsible for the management of IT projects and are always up-to-date on the latest developments. You can intervene if needed, using your specialist knowledge. You determine project processes for IT and create guidelines and policies that ensure project success. You also take into account the needs of the company and create documentation during the project. Consultation with specialist departments and project managers is also part of your job.
As a software developer, you develop and implement software, from single building blocks to complete applications. In coordination with users from different departments, you program solutions that are tailored to the respective needs and requirements. In doing so, you always keep the economic framework conditions in mind and make sure that they are adhered to.
As a business analyst, you will examine business processes and take care of requirements management. This means you identify, analyse, prioritise and formulate the requirements for processes and IT systems. In doing so, you not only have an excellent eye for spotting challenges and risks but also new opportunities. You coordinate with the IT department and at the same time, you pay attention to cost-efficient product solutions for the whole company. You identify new ways to ensure efficiency and optimisation for business, taking multiple factors into account.
This Bachelor programme lays the proper foundation for a fantastic career in business and IT.
- Gain IT expertise in addition to comprehensive business management knowledge including the fundamentals of investment and financing, purchasing or marketing.
- Learn to deal with IT and ERP systems as well as data analytics and big data, while developing your skills in decision making, critical thinking, and data-driven optimisation for business.
- Develop knowledge of IT for various industries and how to optimise processes with technology. Build your know-how in fields such as requirements engineering, data modelling and database systems.
|1st semester||2nd semester||3rd semester|
| || || |
|4th semester||5th semester||6th semester|
| || |
Choose one module from Electives A:
Choose two modules from Electives B & C:
This course is offered completely online. You can decide when and where you study with no need to wait for the term to start.
Your own pace
We have full-time and part-time study models for this course. You can choose how you want to study and how long this course will take to suit your schedule.
Accreditations, Rankings, and Memberships
IU International University of Applied Sciences has received system accreditation from EQAR, FIBAA, the German Accreditation Council, the German Council of Science and Humanities, and WES Canada. This means their courses, faculty and teaching material all match the rigorous standards that have been set for them and they can now accredit their own programmes.
Cambridge Assessment International Education / High School Diploma A-Levels
IU is the first online university partner of Cambridge International's high school diploma A-Levels. Students now have a chance to earn a high school diploma while studying for a bachelor’s degree – with no additional cost. The A-Levels is a unique 12-month course with a 150-hour workload, which you take alongside your bachelor courses. The A-Levels concludes with an exam that can be retaken an infinite number of times.
Awards and Rankings
IU is the first German university to get 99/100 on the QS Stars Report, but they also topped 6 out of 25 categories in Germany’s largest university ranking by CHE. Recently IU’s online MBA programmes ranked 26th in Europe in the prestigious QS Online MBA Rankings, an impressive achievement and recognition on the international stage.
IU is a member of the Business Graduate’s Association, Online Learning Consortium, AASCB, and UNESCO's Global Education Coalition. These memberships give them connections to other institutions, companies, and NGOs as well as top-tier degree programmes and lifelong learning development courses. By leveraging cutting-edge technology, IU helps students in need to continue their education and pursue lifelong learning.
Global Recognition and Academic Partners
As IU is recognised by WES Canada and U.S., their degrees can be converted into points according to local academic standards in the Canadian Immigration Point System and American Immigration Assessment Scheme. In April 2023, IU became the first German university to be a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), the only public authority in India that ascertains foreign institutions. This means that their on-campus programmes are recognised by employers across India and other Commonwealth Nations.
Through partnerships with academic institutions from all around the world, IU offers a more affordable way for students to study and live abroad. The IU Study Abroad Alliance lets students start a degree online at IU and complete it at a partner university in the US, Canada, Australia or Europe, where career opportunities are aplenty.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Change your future with IU - apply and save up to 67% for online studies!
IU is always looking for new ways to help you combine high-quality education, and accessible education, no matter your circumstances. You have the chance to get up to 67% off your online studies!
IU's lectures will offer great flexibility, giving you a chance to work, socialize and explore a new continent while working towards your future.
Request free information and join today!