Bachelor Business and IT (BSc)
IU International University of Applied Sciences – Online
36 - 72 months
Full time, Part time
EUR 6,926 *
Earliest start date
* full-time tuition. The price displayed includes the graduation fee and scholarship. Students don’t have to pay for additional fees, such as applications
Your degree, your way:
We design our programmes and courses to be as flexible and innovative as possible—without sacrificing quality. We deliver specialist expertise and innovative learning materials as well as focusing on excellent student services and professional advice. Our programmes are characterised by the effective transfer of subject-specific knowledge and soft skills in order to prepare graduates for the international business world. Our distance learning materials allow you to gain an accredited degree from wherever you are and work around your job or personal commitments.
- #1 University in Europe: Join Europe’s largest private university with more than 100,000 students
- Digital, Flexible, 100% online: We offer outstanding, innovative digital learning materials and a great online environment for success in your studies wherever you are with online exams 24/7.
- Fully Accredited Degree: All our degrees benefit from German state accreditation and are internationally recognized in major jurisdictions such as the EU, US and UK
- Study at a 5-star rated University from QS: IU is the first German university that achieved a 5-star rating for Online Learning from QS
- International Focus, Practical Orientation: We focus on practical training and an international outlook which gives IU graduates a decisive advantage: 94% of our graduates have a job within six months of graduation and, after an average of two years on the job, 80% move into management. Plus, we work closely with big companies such as Lufthansa, Sixt, and EY to give you great opportunities and insights.
- Scholarships available: Depending on your situation, motivation, and background, we offer scholarships that can reduce your tuition fees by up to 67%.
A short overview of your study
- Degree: Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Credits: 180 ECTS
- Start of study: Anytime (no fixed start date or enrolment deadlines)
- Study duration: Standard period of study: 36 months.
Different time models possible
- Study model: Online study including online exams 24/7
- Fees: from 124 euros per month
Free Upcoming IU Webinars and Q&A
Study with IU! Find out what it’s like to study at IU. IU's experienced study advisors will give you all the insights about the study programmes, online or on campus, study coaching and more. It’s also a great chance to ask your questions in the live Q&A
As an expert in Business and IT, you can find a position that is at the interface between concept, design, implementation, and maintenance of technical topics. From start-ups to large international companies, you will ensure all IT systems run efficiently and reliably, and all information is transferred securely. You might even use your business and technical skills to start your own project as an entrepreneur.
IT Project Manager
As an IT Project Manager, you are responsible for the management of IT projects and are always up-to-date on the latest developments. You can intervene if needed, using your specialist knowledge. You determine project processes for IT and create guidelines and policies that ensure project success. You also take into account the needs of the company and create documentation during the project. Consultation with specialist departments and project managers is also part of your job.
As a software developer, you develop and implement software, from single building blocks to complete applications. In coordination with users from different departments, you program solutions that are tailored to the respective needs and requirements. In doing so, you always keep the economic framework conditions in mind and make sure that they are adhered to.
As a business analyst, you will examine business processes and take care of requirements management. This means you identify, analyse, prioritise and formulate the requirements for processes and IT systems. In doing so, you not only have an excellent eye for spotting challenges and risks but also new opportunities. You coordinate with the IT department and at the same time, you pay attention to cost-efficient product solutions for the whole company. You identify new ways to ensure efficiency and optimisation for business, taking multiple factors into account.
This Bachelor programme lays the proper foundation for a fantastic career in business and IT.
- Gain IT expertise in addition to comprehensive business management knowledge including the fundamentals of investment and financing, purchasing or marketing.
- Learn to deal with IT and ERP systems as well as data analytics and big data, while developing your skills in decision making, critical thinking, and data-driven optimisation for business.
- Develop knowledge of IT for various industries and how to optimise processes with technology. Build your know-how in fields such as requirements engineering, data modelling and database systems.
|1st semester||2nd semester||3rd semester|
| || || |
|4th semester||5th semester||6th semester|
| || |
Choose one module from Electives A:
Choose two modules from Electives B & C:
This course is offered completely online. You can decide when and where you study with no need to wait for the term to start.
Your own pace
We have full-time and part-time study models for this course. You can choose how you want to study and how long this course will take to suit your schedule.
IU International University of Applied Sciences has received system accreditation from EQAR, FIBAA, the German Accreditation Council, the German Council of Science and Humanities, and WES Canada. This means their courses, faculty and teaching material all match the rigorous standards that have been set for them and they can now accredit their own programmes.
Cambridge Assessment International Education / High School Diploma Study Pathway.
IU is the first online university partner of Cambridge International's high school diploma pathway. By working with Cambridge, IU offers students a special chance to finish their high school diploma while studying for a bachelor's degree. Since they are required for your bachelor's degree, these high school diploma courses are free of charge. The Study Pathway is a unique 12 months course with a 150-hour workload which you take alongside your bachelor courses. The Pathway concludes with an exam that can be retaken an infinite number of times.
In the current CHE ranking (2020-2022), IU tops the Business Administration field in categories of "General Study Conditions," "Contact with Lecturers," "Study Programmes Offered," "Examinations," "Study Organisation," and "Practical Orientation," winning a total of six out of 25 categories and achieving more top category rankings than any of the more than 300 institutions. IU received a 5-star rating for online learning and a score of 99 out of 100 in the QS, Quacquarelli Symonds, Stars Report, making it the first German university to receive such a ranking. It was also given the FIBAA Premium Seal for Digital Excellence and has excelled in 15 out of 23 criteria, including categories like Future Orientation, Knowledge Management, Quality Assurance of Teaching, and retaining the rating for the next five years. It is the only training provider to get the DtGV's Service Award 2022 from the German Society for Consumer Studies given that it has a dedicated academic staff and trained study coaches who ensure that students are supported throughout their studies.
IU is a member of the Business Graduate’s Association, Online Learning Consortium, AASCB, and UNESCO's Global Education Coalition. These memberships give them connections to other institutions, companies, and NGOs as well as top-tier degree programmes and lifelong learning development courses. By leveraging cutting-edge technology, IU helps students in need to continue their education and pursue lifelong learning.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Online Scholarship Initiative: Save up to 67%!
Get your European degree from the largest universities for online studies in Germany — without sacrificing your job or family commitments!
With over 20 years of experience and over 100,000 worldwide students, IU offers scholarships from 25% up to 67%.
Distance learning at IU International University of Applied Sciences offers students the opportunity to develop on a personal and professional level and advance their careers through flexible, practice-oriented study.
You can start your education whenever you want - studies and exams are available to you 24/7.
(Be aware that IU scholarships are not available to students from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland)
Make the first step: