Postgraduate Certificate in
Postgraduate Certificate in EU Policy Making
Brussels School of Governance (BSoG)
1 - 2 year
Full time, Part time
EUR 3,900 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Part time (2-year track): 2900 EUR for year 1 and 1400 EUR for year 2 The tuition fee varies if the student takes the online winter school.
1- or 2-year programme: 5 online EU modules & a summer school
The programme in a nutshell:
- 5 back-to-back online EU modules (3 compulsory and 2 electives) starting September, followed (or preceded) by a 2-week Summer School in Brussels and Vienna (July)
- You choose your start date (July or September) as well as your timing option (full-time = 1 year; part-time = 2 years)
- Perfect for full-time professionals or students with a daytime schedule
- Organised by a Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence in European Studies on the doorstep of the main EU institutions
More elaborate description
From 2014 onwards, the Brussels School of Governance offers a Postgraduate Certificate in European Policy-Making, developed and designed by EU and e-learning experts. This certificate is equivalent to 25 ECTS and combines both the BSoG Summer School and the EU modules, thus embracing the Blended-Learning approach. This package involves two weeks of face-to-face intensive teaching together with the flexibility of the online modules.
The Postgraduate Certificate in European Policy-making offers the unique flexibility that is provided by a Blended Learning approach and gets to grips with the EU from a variety of angles and methods. The state-of-the-art EU modules, developed by e-learning experts, provide essential and concise information on the various aspects of the European Union, in a clear and user-friendly way. They are accessible at any time and from anywhere. Five online modules are offered on:
- History and theories of European integration
- European Union institutions
- EU decision-making and law
- EU public policy analysis
- EU foreign affairs
The Summer School offers a complementary role, in that it offers an in-depth analysis of the institutional setup and decision-making process in the European Union. Moreover, the Summer School offers students the opportunity to simulate the negotiation process in the European Council, which is an excellent exercise that prepares students for a career in and around the EU institutions. This mix of study tools and teaching methods represents the added value of the Postgraduate Certificate: while providing the flexibility of online learning, it offers a profound and critical analysis of the functioning of the European Union.
Online info session on Postgraduate Certificate in EU policy making