Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Fort Myers, USA
Blended, Distance Learning
Full time, Part time
USD 595 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* programs begin every other month; we request applications 30 days before you plan to begin coursework
A Fully Online Accounting Degree
- You will gain knowledge from Professors who are accounting professionals with real-life experience.
- The degree program is offered 100% online or in a blended format. This makes your life easier as a part-time or full-time student.
- Upon Graduating with the BS in Accounting degree, you may qualify to sit for the Certified Public Accountant Exam exam. (CPA licensure requires an additional 30 hours of instruction.)
- Additional recorded Instructional Videos provide valuable behind-the-scenes Accounting insight.
- Hodges Accounting Program prepares you for Diverse Career Opportunities in both the Public and Private Sectors.
- Accountants are respected professionals who may perform business consulting, auditing, credit analysis, financial analysis, and other high-level administrative work.
- Our campus is located in the heart of Fort Myers.
How much do accountants earn a year?
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, accountants make around $74,960 a year in Florida.
- Florida ranks in the top five states for employment.
- Earning your Bachelor of Science in accounting degree is your first step towards the CPA exam.
- Employment is projected to increase 7% from 2020-30.
What can you do with a Bachelor's in Accounting Degree?
- Public Accountant
- Forensic Accountant or Investigator
- Corporate Accountant
- Internal Auditor
- Tax Examiner
Program Tuition Fee
- Best Accounting Schools: Best Accounting Schools Ranking Hodges University
- Best College Reviews: Top 30 Bachelors in Accounting Programs Online
- Affordable Schools: 25 Online Private Nonprofit Bachelor’s Colleges with the Least Four-Year Tuition Change
- The Best Schools: The Best Online Colleges in Florida
Area I: Accounting Component
- Introduction to Business
- Individual Income Tax
- Small Business Management
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- Personal Finance
- Accounting using QuickBooks™
- Payroll Accounting
- Intermediate Financial Reporting and Analysis I
- Intermediate Financial Reporting and Analysis II
- Variables in Managing Diversity and Inclusion
- Business Law
- Cost Accounting
- Managerial Finance
- Accounting Information Systems
- Federal Tax Accounting I
- Supply Chain Management
- Federal Tax Accounting II
- Intermediate Financial Reporting and Analysis III
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Advanced Financial Reporting and Analysis I
- Independent Auditing I
- Accounting Capstone
- Accounting Exit Assessment Exam
Total Accounting Component: 72
Area II: General Education Component
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Computer Applications
- General Education Humanities
- General Education Elective (Recommend: MAT1033 or MGF1106)
- General Education Elective (Recommend: SLS1103)
- General Education Elective
Total General Education Component: 30
Area III: Elective Component
Total Elective Component: 18
Total Semester Hours for Graduation: 120
What can you do with an Accounting Degree?
- You will be better prepared to take your CPA Exam.
- This program will broaden your skills in areas such as financial reporting and analysis, business law, and cost accounting.
- You will learn skills applied to accounting information systems and software.
- Along with general education classes such as macroeconomics and computer applications, this program prepares you for diverse career opportunities.