Sustainable Business Strategy Course
Harvard Business School Online
06 Jun 2023*
Earliest start date
15 Jun 2023
* for June start
Sustainable Business can change the world. Will you?
Climate change. Income inequality. Social injustice. These are just three of the big problems of our time. In Sustainable Business Strategy, you will learn how businesses can thrive and grow while simultaneously playing a major role in solving some of these big problems. You will also learn how you as an individual can make a difference.
Through interactive online case studies with leading companies such as Walmart and Unilever, you will learn why purpose-driven firms perform well, and how they can kickstart the wheel of change. You will examine different business models and gain an understanding of the broader landscape including the role of government, investors, and customers. Whether you are just getting started in your career or are already an established professional, you will walk away from Sustainable Business Strategy with the ability to:
- Understand/Analyze the business models that can drive change
- Influence management, leadership, and other key stakeholders as to the competitive advantages of being a purpose-driven firm
- Examine the broader political and social landscape in which you operate
- Understand why collective efforts are important and how business can be a catalyst for system-level change
- Determine what YOU can do in your career to become a purpose-driven leader
The HBS Online Advantage
- World-class faculty
- Edge-of-your-seat online learning
- Global peer collaboration and networking
- Real-world, case-based learning
Harvard Business School Online offers a unique and highly engaging way to learn vital business concepts. Immerse yourself in real challenges faced by a diverse group of finance experts, including Rick Childs, Managing Member of 625 Ground Lessor LLC; Mike Even, former Global CIO for Citigroup Asset Management; Chris Hohn, founder of the Children’s Investment Fund; Henrik Poulsen, Chief Executive Director and Chief Investment Officer of PFA Asset Management; Dwight Scott, President of GSO Capital; Nikos Stathopoulos, Partner at BC Partners and Member of the BC Partners Executive Committee; and Matt Wilson, Co-Portfolio Manager and Managing Director of Oaktree Capital Management. Step into their shoes and wrestle with the same issues they faced, while engaging with fellow learners from around the world.