Online MS in Management (iMSM)
Gies College of Business at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
12 - 60 months
USD 11,952 / per year *
Earliest start date
* total tuition and fees
The Business Management Skills to Upgrade Your Career
In the online Master's in Management (iMSM), you’ll develop the pivotal business management skills that make for standout success on the job. You’ll grow as a professional and get the kind of know-how that leads to promotions, salary increases, and career growth—know-how that’s been shown by research to resonate with employers. And you’ll get the confidence and capabilities to advance your ideas and make a bigger difference in the workplace.
In as little as 12 months and for just under $12k, you’ll earn a master’s in management online from Gies College of Business at the University of Illinois, one of the world’s most powerful university brands and a recognized global leader and innovator in online education.
The iMSM is a fully online management degree designed for working professionals, regardless of undergraduate major. You can complete the program without leaving your current job.
Flexible Learning - Anytime, Anywhere
Our globally recognized, innovative approach to online teaching and skill development means you can learn anytime, anywhere. And the iMSM’s highly interactive Global Classroom helps you build friendships and networks around the globe.
No travel requirements, no added expenses: completely online management degree, including all coursework, group work, and faculty office hours.
We’re building a global network of high performers, and price should not be a barrier. Our $12k tuition is a breakthrough in education.
Connect with accomplished fellow students around the world each day to expand your knowledge and your network.
An Interactive and Deeply Engaging Classroom
iMSM courses are interactive. Professors engage with you personally. And working with classmates is routine. The iMSM includes both an online global classroom and a series of team projects, which give you experience applying what you learn.
Each course is composed of three elements:
- On-Demand Component: Get the fundamentals. Complete a weekly module and assignment that develops your core business knowledge.
- Live Session: Join the global classroom. Attend and participate in a live lecture with your professor and classmates.
- Individual or Team Project: Apply what you learn. Complete a weekly assignment designed by your professor.
Faculty and specially trained student support teams are also available for in-person office hours outside of class.
Interactive Online Learning Experience
Senior faculty are focused on engaging with online management students. They teach and discuss the highest-level content, while lower-level material is delivered by our Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
Gies’ online classrooms encourage side conversations that spark creative, innovative thinking – and faculty dip into those conversations as both teachers and co-creators of knowledge.
This business management program is intentional about its commitment to the student experience and positive engagement. We offer a variety of opportunities for students to meet each other, staff, and faculty. At these optional in-person experiences, students are able to network and meet their classmates. They can connect with current faculty and discuss the curriculum outside of the classroom. Whether related to coursework, professional development, or for purely social reasons, these experiences can enhance the iMSM experience immensely.
When You Graduate, You'll Be Able To:
- Speak the language of business, so you will be prepared to speak with a chief financial officer, read a balance sheet, set up a marketing plan, and more.
- Think critically about business management and ethical issues as well as respond to new technologies, emerging global changes, and market trends.
- Enhance the development of critical managerial skills of leadership, innovation, teamwork, and professional communication.
- Learn to combine knowledge, problem-solving skills, and integrative thinking across areas such as finance, marketing, operations, business management, and accounting.
Online management courses in the iMSM are interactive. Professors engage with you personally, and working with classmates is routine through both an online global classroom and a series of team projects.
Courses are structured to mirror how you’ll use them on the job. Material is designed for practical application—now and in the future. In fact, course material makes an immediate impact: You can apply what you learn today to your work tomorrow.
- 36 total credit hours required
- 24 credit hours of general business management
- 12 credit hours of electives
- $332 per credit hour – $11,952 total tuition
- 12-24 months average time to degree completion (up to 60 months permitted)
Program Tuition Fee
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.